Fix GPS problem with Mobius (power adapter cable)?

ILA22

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
Im looking to buy this camera for the rear. I read about fixing the gps issue with the usb cable on monoprice. However, I am looking to use a power socket in the back of my car. What would be the best solution? Does this also interfere with built in car navigation? Thanks!

If I was to purchase the mobius and fix it behind the rearview mirror on the passengers side, would it interfere with a dash mounted garmin gps placed on the drivers side near the pillar about 2 foot away?

Thanks

in the rear it would be too far away to cause any interference to a nav unit up front
Depends on the nav unit, or more precise, on the location of the GPS antenna. For example, OEM GPS antenna location on BMW E46 is under the rear parcel shelf, so it would be possible (theoretically) to interfere...BUT, to answer all of the questions: in practice, my mobius is behind rear view mirror, my GPS antenna is under the surface of the dash, near center air vents - there is probably less than 50 centimeters of distance, and I don't have any GPS signal issues.

If I was to purchase the mobius and fix it behind the rearview mirror on the passengers side, would it interfere with a dash mounted garmin gps placed on the drivers side near the pillar about 2 foot away?

Thanks
I had my Mobius mounted on the dash top of my Boxer van and my Garmin Nuvi 5295(?) on the dash top directly in front of me, probably about 18" away. It never gave any signs of interfering with the Garmin.

Frank

Back