Flashing red, extremly fast

Rocko Pet

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe I have the 801 model but could be a 803, its about 2-3 years old, worked fine. Lately the red light starts flashing, but it flashes extremely fast. In the past it would flash red, equal to the speed you could count in a normal (average) human talking speed. Now, when it does flash, you can't count as fast as it flashes.

When this happens, videos are not recorded or complete.

I thought it was the battery, I just put another one in, still flashing, checked the old battery, voltage was 3.89, so there was probably nothing wrong with it.

Anyone else run into this?

flashing red means not enough power delivering to the unit. possibly there is a bad contact between the dock station and the DVR itself. have you tried to connect microusb cable directly to the mini itself? another option is to try with different power supply.

I'll try that, my pwr source is currently plunged into dock station. I'll move it and see what happens. Its hard wired into vehicle using 12v to 5v converter with a female USB output to which I have a short USB male to USB-micro patch cord. I have a small device I can insert between the USB plugs that measures voltage and amps passing thru.

By passed docking station, plugged directly into unit, still flashing. Brought inside house, plugged into wall then into computer, still flashing very fast

Give it 10 minutes or so of being plugged in (and flashing fast, but not actually on/running).
Mine does something similar when cold out (cold is <10deg c in my books) but seems to sort itself out after about 5 minutes of this behavior. I think the battery is tired, but I've not changed it. Wondering if it might be an issue elsewhere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0803 2
Back