Format Card Error on A229 Pro with SanDisk Max Endurance card

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I run A229 Pro's in both of our cars now full time. In one I run a 256 GB SanDisk Max Endurance card. On several occasions now it's stopped recording and I get a prompt on screen saying "Press OK to format memory card" and it won't continue recording until I do. However, when I try to proceed, it says "Card Error" and still won't continue recording. I've formatted it in the computer and then back in the dashcam later and that worked, but eventually I get the error again.

I've switched to a backup 256 GB High Endurance card (which I know isn't on the officially recommended list like the Max Endurance), but it's been working okay so far. Any idea what I can do to get my main Max Endurance card working reliably?

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

So I run A229 Pro's in both of our cars now full time. In one I run a 256 GB SanDisk Max Endurance card. On several occasions now it's stopped recording and I get a prompt on screen saying "Press OK to format memory card" and it won't continue recording until I do. However, when I try to proceed, it says "Card Error" and still won't continue recording. I've formatted it in the computer and then back in the dashcam later and that worked, but eventually I get the error again.

I've switched to a backup 256 GB High Endurance card (which I know isn't on the officially recommended list like the Max Endurance), but it's been working okay so far. Any idea what I can do to get my main Max Endurance card working reliably?

@viofo @VIOFO-Support
I know I'll cop backlash for saying the following, but always seems to be the wild west when it comes to memory cards. Which is why I tend not to spend that much money on memory cards by any brand these days.

If one doesn't work with SanDisk, i would go try Samsung and vice versa. You've done all you can apart from going the route of deep level troubleshooting, which at our age and patience levels, is that even worth it lol

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

I use either the Viofo cards or SanDisk Extreme microSD Card. (Viofo cards only to 32GB and Sandisk to 128GB)
I gave up relying on Samsung with new Viofo dashcams.
Old samsung cards in older Viofo equipment worked fine but the new samsung cards didn't work well.

I would like the memory card problem sorted.
I purchase from a reputable company so I expect they aren't fakes.

The SanDisk Extremes aren’t recommended. It’s just the Viofo and SanDisk Max Endurance so I’m intentionally focusing on those. I’ve got a few SanDisk Extremes and can always toss one in if you’re having good luck, but it’s odd that one of the only two officially recommended card models is the one having issues.

Was your card hot by any chance? Or the dashcam?

Back