Format card

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
I did this yesterday but how can you check to see if it is FAT? I know how on my main frame but it using the camera.

I think the A129 always formats the card as FAT32. It does with my 128GB card.

If you put the memory card in a card reader on a computer you can right click on the "drive" the memory card detect as and then see properties.
Anyway if you have formatted in the camera it should be the correct format for the camera to work with.

Ok, I did format in the camera. My game cameras always suggest to do it in their cameras. Thanks guys

NP. Remember to do it again every 3-4 months, this will reset the file structure that otherwise can be a little fragmented by the constant writing and deleting of files.
And getting files off the memory card, be sure to copy them to something else, if you select a number if files and then move them instead, it can in some cases play havoc on the cameras.

I received my hard wire kit today, so things are moving forward. I did not realize there is is just one plug on the 3 wire, just make the 2 taps, ground out and up to camera. I have so much to learn.Thank God for this forum. The Tacoma fuse box cover is a problem for most guys to get off without breaking it. So I will probably be joining the club. There is a lad on the Tacoma forum that sells a wider cover so your double taps are not sticking out. Man lots of fun coming my way, I will check camera placement, I have that crazy lane changing hardwire on the Tacoma so I need to get below that. Then I may need to cut my sun screen for the camera, start hiding the wires etc. I have a black lab that demands lots of attention, so when he crashes out I will sneak up to my truck. Have a nice evening guys.

Back