Four seasons of weather in ten minutes

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
It was a pretty random morning weather wise here today and the X2 picked it up while I was in the shop!

Last edited:
Yesterday and today we had true 4-season weather, where within 1 hour we had snow, then hale, then rain and after all those surprises nice sunny day for short period, then everything started again. Welcome to Ireland ! The land of unpredicted weather ! :)

niko the new Apple datacenter should fix that ;)

Yesterday and today we had true 4-season weather, where within 1 hour we had snow, then hale, then rain and after all those surprises nice sunny day for short period, then everything started again. Welcome to Ireland ! The land of unpredicted weather ! :)

That sounds like the weather here in New England too! There's an old farmer's saying you hear around here all the time. "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes".

That saying is well known worldwide.

That doesn't surprise me but it has always been my understanding that the quote originated in New England. In fact, there appears to be some evidence that the original quote is attributable to Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) and actually went, "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes".

Last edited:
I hope you're entitled to use a disabled persons parking space... ;)

ps ... I'm not saying I hope you're disabled
to me it looked like he was parked opposite from a disabled spot. There are plenty of those in the stores i frequent.

Went looking on google maps for an example - hard to find one where the parking spots are actually empty, but here's one:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/29°55'08.3"N+95°36'24.3"W/@29.918976,-95.60676,190m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

magnified:
parking.png

It's a little hard to see, but the space below the black car has the blue wheelchair icon (and some orange shopping carts - this is a Home Depot). the space between the two white cars does NOT have the blue icon. i believe the white van (bottom) is also not a disabled space, but the space below the white van IS a disabled space.

but i'm not saying @reverend isn't disabled... Tourette's is a real thing. :p

I do have a problem with my leg unfortunately - my middle one is much smaller than I'd like :p

I'm not a disabled parking spot w***er and it absolutely annoys the hell out of me when people who are fine and able bodied park in them. I've made a few people move in the past.

This supermarket in particular I think is a poor design - they have a row of disabled spaces all the way from the shop store to the other end of the car park, so if you're able bodied you can park much closer to the shops than the people in wheelchairs. The usual trick of them selling fags at the front of the shop but having the pharmacy at the back - I've never quite worked that one out.

I park there a lot so you'll see that space in lots of my videos and pics, I tend to always park about as far away as possible in any car park and it's pretty rare to see the disabled spots at that end in use as you can see here

after.jpg

the pharmacy is in the back so you're more likely to see and buy their other crap on your way to/from the back of the store. same reason grocery stores almost always have the staples of bread and milk on opposite back corners of the store. doesn't explain that stupid arrangement of parking spaces though...

that said, CVS has stopped selling smokes/fags entirely. In the locking cabinets behind the counter where the smokes used to be they now sell things like nicotine gum, patches, and e-cigs and their juices. they have big signs too, saying things like "we quit so you can quit too". doesn't affect me since i've never smoked, but i've noticed the lines are now shorter in CVS.

I'm not a disabled parking spot w***er and it absolutely annoys the hell out of me when people who are fine and able bodied park in them. I've made a few people move in the past.

I have seen cars parked in disabled spots with large stickers stuck on the front windscreen right in the drivers field of view with "laziness is not a disability" on them, they use those stickers that don't tear off also which I'm sure gets the message across

That is not a leg reverend, that is a kick stand :p

I got to experience these selfish a**holes first hand three years ago when I had some surgery and had to walk with a cane for several weeks. I was given a temporary disabled parking permit to hang from my rear view mirror and at times I would go to park at the market only to discover that one or more able bodied idiots had taken up the designated spaces. I surely would like to have had some of those stickers Jokiin speaks of. All in all, the experience gave me a new respect and appreciation of why those designated handicapped spaces exist and why they should be left open for the people who really need them.

...I'm not a disabled parking spot w***er and it absolutely annoys the hell out of me when people who are fine and able bodied park in them....

If you think it annoys you consider how those of us with legitimate permits, temporary or permanent feel (arthritic back and two knees with no cartilage in my case). Even though I can use the reserved parking I generally don't because I know there are folks that need it much more than I do. To be perfectly honest my condition doesn't 'incapacitate' me all that often but when it does I really do appreciate the reserved parking.

Last edited:
is your dashcam hardwired ?

If you think it annoys you consider how those of us with legitimate permits, temporary or permanent feel (arthritic back and two knees with no cartilage in my case) feel. Even though I can use the reserved parking I generally don't because I know there are folks that need it much more than I do. To be perfectly honest my condition doesn't 'incapacitate' me all that often but when it does I really do appreciate the reserved parking.
I can totally understand where you're coming from - I do think places need more disabled spots usually but a lot of the time they just give the percentage required by law. HAving an arthritic back must be an absolute nightmare though!

is your dashcam hardwired ?
It is mate, it's the Panorama X2 so wired straight in and has built in voltage protection etc and a good parking mode which runs 24/7 (as long as there are cards in there and the battery isn't below the safe voltage levels)

I got to experience these selfish a**holes first hand three years ago when I had some surgery and had to walk with a cane for several weeks. I was given a temporary disabled parking permit to hang from my rear view mirror and at times I would go to park at the market only to discover that one or more able bodied idiots had taken up the designated spaces. I surely would like to have had some of those stickers Jokiin speaks of. All in all, the experience gave me a new respect and appreciation of why those designated handicapped spaces exist and why they should be left open for the people who really need them.
Maybe we should get some Dashcamtalk specials made up :D Hope you're all recovered now mate :)

...HAving an arthritic back must be an absolute nightmare though!...

Actually the back only bothers me when I overextend myself for long periods and don't rest it properly. Generally it's just a bit stiff in the morning and loosens up after moving around for 15 minutes or so. I can still play 18 holes of golf, just can't carry my clubs anymore. It's interesting in that playing golf has never been a problem (except to my ego) but I've actually put myself in bed for a couple of days just bending over to pick up something off the floor.

When it does decide to act up though it generally makes me miserable for 3 or 4 days before it starts behaving again.

Maybe we should get some Dashcamtalk specials made up :D Hope you're all recovered now mate :)

Yeah, some big DCT stickers to slap on jerks windshields when they're in the market after leaving their cars in the handicapped parking space!

Thanks for asking after my recovery. I'm doing fine now since my spine transplant. And it's a good thing too, as finding a suitable donor can be very difficult, what with how everyone is so spineless these days. ;)

Back