FOV option / disable fisheye effect

Tomu

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi
I recently bought ThiEYE T5e and I think it's great camera but... one thing I've missed it's "medium' and "narrow" views to disable fisheye effect.
I found there is exactly the same camera Andoer C5 Pro as T5e and have FOV (Field of view - where You can change the field of view from 170° to 140° and 90°) option implemented in settings so I'ts could be done by ThiEYE support team.

Maybe someone have an influence on ThiEYE support team to implement this option in T5e camera :).
I've try to send @ on support@thieye.com, but return as no delivered.

Link to Andoer C5 Pro review: http://elproducente.com/andoer-c5-pro-affordable-native-4k-action-cam-review-manual/

Update:
I'm finally manage to contact with ThiEYE support and they answered:

"Thank you for your good question.
We won't add the fisheye correction function in next firmware version.
The function actual effect is weak, so we remove it.
If there is lots of demand from customer, we will reconsider adding it. "

Sorry to hear that because I'd rather have that option, than don't have it because it doesn't look good.

Last edited:
FOV and fisheye correction works by cropping and reducing image quality. The best way to us this feature is to process it in a video editing app, the result will be much more better.

I'm aware of that but then it requires extra time to convert the video.
If there is an option and other company will have it (also new cam SJ7 STAR will have FOV and Distortion Correction) why they don't implement it in new firmware (I don't think that it required a lot of work) ?

I think If they will add more options they only could gain more customers :)
It's my first sport cam and personally I'don't like fisheye effect thats why I would like to have this options than use others programs.

Well, all sport cameras have fisheye, it has it's uses, as for in camera correction until now to be honest only the GoPro and Yi2 are close to a non fish eye using in camera option. On other models is just an slight correction, nowhere close to getting rid of the budging fish eye. If you hate fisheye, maybe it would be better to look at 90-120° lenses option that some cameras come with, the 90° has absolutely no fish eye and there is no need for cropping, correction and decrease in image quality.

For now I'll stick with this sport cam because I think it's great device and that's why I've bought it :)
Probably my next purchase will be well thought.

For now I'll stick with this sport cam because I think it's great device and that's why I've bought it :)
Probably my next purchase will be well thought.
Hi Tomu,
Personally not used the FOV option, in another cam it just doesn't work at all. Can't recall which cam though possibly one of the ElE Explorer or SooCoo cams?
My ThiEYE T5e arrived faulty (no UP button, not a major problem BUT now required for latest PC version F/W update)) and having all sorts of trouble with so-called 3 day Warranty from GearBest. Waiting for next payday and getting an Andoer AN7000 though ThiEYE are releasing a new batch of T5e soon, also tempting!

GB and their annoying "TICKETS" system. The just copy and paste nonsensical replies. Month later with excuses of "Chinese New Year" just does not cut it.
Example: Gave detailed description of fault and gave ALL Order Numbers and associated info including PayPal info.
Answer: "Please supply a detailed description of your fault and Order details" What?

Going AliExpress LINK HERE or even AliBaba LINK HERE who supply also sell T5/T5e and also Andoer AN7000 HERE on AliExpress

Last edited:
Well, all sport cameras have fisheye, it has it's uses, as for in camera correction until now to be honest only the GoPro and Yi2 are close to a non fish eye using in camera option. On other models is just an slight correction, nowhere close to getting rid of the budging fish eye. If you hate fisheye, maybe it would be better to look at 90-120° lenses option that some cameras come with, the 90° has absolutely no fish eye and there is no need for cropping, correction and decrease in image quality.
Yes, there a some non-fisheye M12 - 10mp 5.4mm IR CUT
lens options around. With ThiEYE just remove front cover and unscrew. As I was trying to remove the "block" the lens assembly stayed still which is a good sign that it is easily removed without full dismantling though obviously not tried it yet.

Last edited:
GearBest are ok if the product has no issues, useless if you have problems though
What I don't understand is they gave a full refund when lost in post?
Free post, luckily tracked but no insurance. Was tracked to Australia, through customs etc but not delivered and no questions or nonsense? Full refund to my BANK ACCOUNT not a Wallet refund.
But have a faulty item, a real problem and the fun starts. At best a partial "Wallet" refund that can only be used on GearBest.

At best a partial "Wallet" refund that can only be used on GearBest.

wallet refunds can't be used on discounted products or in conjunction with any other promotional offers etc, once they have your money they're very reluctant to let it go, you end up becoming a shareholder in the place

maybe your delivery had some type of insurance they could recover from, refunds are not their thing at all

wallet refunds can't be used on discounted products or in conjunction with any other promotional offers etc, once they have your money they're very reluctant to let it go, you end up becoming a shareholder in the place

maybe your delivery had some type of insurance they could recover from, refunds are not their thing at all
Haha me too! Possibly something to do with using PayPal? I thought they'd just say "bad luck" and close the ticket LOL
I have used Wallet on some "Flash Sale" items but yes some are definitely locked out. Bottom line, AliExpress, AliBaba or others. Sadly Amazon do not ship to Australia (including Shenzhen based companies) which sucks but no more GB.

the landscape may change once Amazon comes to Australia, wait and see what comes of it I guess, either way the larger platforms like Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress at least have some sort of level of filter and buyer protection about them, the independents like GearBest, Geekbuying etc seem to want to play by their own rules, their day will come I guess

Back