Frame repeat and time stamp wrap

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watch weird jump @40sec and "time stamp wrap" @42sec (both OSD times not youtube clip)
SG20160809.V2 (Update 3)

can I have a copy of the original unedited file, this is from one file and not at a point where the files change, is that correct? will need the complete segment this was cut from if you can upload to a file host and send me the link, the text overlap we've addressed before but it might vary due to logo off and nothing in the car no field so need to see what data is in the file at that point so we can analyse and fix

I think this was where two files were joined (reg. viewer)

I think this was where two files were joined (reg. viewer)

ok, check your overlap settings in Registrator Viewer, we previously suggested 1000ms for the overlap but since we fixed another bug it looks like you might need to set that to 1020ms, something we've been looking at just recently actually

if that checks out then I just need the second file from that set so I can examine the data for the OSD issue, it is something that will be fixable, just need to study the data and work out the pattern

Ok. I didn't know about that setting in RV. I usually just use VLC. Will try it.

yeah there's a setting to auto remove the overlap, try it at 1000ms but you may need 1020ms, @niko was testing this recently

thanks, this anomaly generally will only occur if it all in the first 3 seconds of the file, it happens during a refresh process, as long as the data is correct it will just be a text alignment issue with the specific settings you have selected, each field has some reference points and there must be an overlap or some white space that doesn't belong that pushes the text off screen and causes it to wrap to the next line, whatever it is we'll work it out

thanks, this anomaly generally will only occur if it all in the first 3 seconds of the file, it happens during a refresh process, as long as the data is correct it will just be a text alignment issue with the specific settings you have selected, each field has some reference points and there must be an overlap or some white space that doesn't belong that pushes the text off screen and causes it to wrap to the next line, whatever it is we'll work it out
No big deal, I just got weirded out when I saw "42" on the left side. It took me a couple minutes to realize that it is the seconds part from the right side.

No big deal, I just got weirded out when I saw "42" on the left side. It took me a couple minutes to realize that it is the seconds part from the right side.

not a critical issue but something we need to fix nonetheless, the sample file is helpful, thanks

Back