From Los Angeles...

Palomar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone and greetings from Los Angeles. My name's Phil.

I've been fascinated with the YouTube accident compilations from Russia, and understood the value of a dashcam in the event of an accident. I was really wondering why everyone in Russia seems to have a camera running all the time. Then I found out about the insurance scams and saw the hilarious antics of pedestrians trying to get rich off those who drive the nicer cars.

After some not-too-detailed research, I ordered the Black Hero "Smallest HD 720P." Then I discovered that this camera has been upgraded, so I sold the first one and ordered the A8. It's been rolling for several days now and I will probably be posting some comments and questions on it soon.

One of the things I noticed in the Russian videos is the tendency of the dashcams to flip over on impact because of the friction-arm mountings. I wanted a camera that would not change its orientation in an accident. Once you stick the A8 on your windshield, it's not going to move unless the windshield moves. Of course, there are pros and cons to that feature.

Anyway, I'm happy to have found this forum, and much thanks to our honorable moderator for setting it up.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for joining. Interesting observation on the Russian dash cams. This is likely due to the suction cup mounts that have been popular in the past. More cameras now are coming with adhesive mounts which makes them more stable like you state.

Welcome to the forum!

Back