Front and rearcam

Enkidoe

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Guys,

I am looking for a cam that is able to record my frontview and rearview simultanious. Bought a chinese one at ebay, but the manual us very poor.mthe rearcam came with a rd and black cable, dont know where to connect that.

I prefer a mirrorcam.

Anyone who knows an answer to my both questions?

Thanks.

Welcome to forum !

What are technical specifications that you require for this 2 channel set-up and what is your budget ?

many thansk for the reply.

the battery should last an hour or two and the quality should be good enough to read licence plates. the buget depends on the device.
also, the memory should be at least 32 gb

many thansk for the reply.

the battery should last an hour or two and the quality should be good enough to read licence plates. the buget depends on the device.
also, the memory should be at least 32 gb

There are no dashcams out there to last 2h on internal battery. And overall it is bad idea to have dashcam which uses internal LiPO batteries especially if used in hot climate region. Better to look for capacitor based dashams and if you need to record up to 2h while car is parked, then just buy an external power bank or hardwire to car battery via Battery Discharge Prevention device.

At the moment unfortunately there are no dual channel 1080p + 1080p that would be without bugs, but you may take a look in the Multichannel dashcam section, or go with two single 1080p dashcams or with 1080p + 720p solution.

There are many different options for you depending on the budget ( 150-200, 250-400, 450-600usd ) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mirror cam. You can try to search Papago or DOD. They are manufacturing the good quality mirror cam in the market.
However. To record during parking mode, you definitely have to hardwire the cam. And in order not to take off all the electricity from your car, you will need external power battery kit to support any motion detector during parking mode.

I'd research those (and all other) brands before buying. As things are right now, there are NO really good 2 channel dashcams at a reasonable price. All have some kind of problem such as low video specs, poor bitrates, flawed software, buggy features, overpriced etc. There are a few which might be acceptable to you based on exactly what you need, and there are a few which are essentially junk.

If you want the best video and best reliability you'll do a lot better with 2 separate cams, and by the time you pay for everything you'll likely get out cheaper too. That's what most folks here do.

Phil

Back