Front camera Blurry

Sky1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure what is going on. My U1000 Pro had been fine for several months now the front camera looks blurry mostly on the right side. I thought it was my windshield or my lens and cleaned both.
I think it happens when it get hot out.
Anyone else having this issue?
Note, give YT time to process if viewing today

Last edited:
It do seem quite a bit soft on the R side of the footage, this is probably a fault in the lens itself.

when focus is soft all over it's something that can be adjusted out, when it's soft on one side either the sensor board or lens holder has a problem, heat affected possibly, talk to your seller about warranty

Yeah. RMA time / time for customer support to shine.

Do you have the CPL Filter attached? I have had 2 faulty ones that cause blurring issues. Worth trying without it if it's fitted.

Yeah I removed the CPL, cleaned it very carefully seemed to improve slightly. It is as if when it gets hot the picture gets softer.

how long is the warranty on this? I bought it Oct 2020

I would assume you have a year at least.
If the focus shift with heat, then that was a very normal issue in the old days, and it can also still happen even in #1 grade systems, but much more rare now on the better systems.
But if the focus change with temperature so say its good on cold days and horrible on warm days, then you have a "live" lens that would need replacement, and that is not easy to do, and surely not something anybody should do if they have a warranty to lean on.
On the other hand if the focus had changed on a hot day, and stayed there, you could take the camera apart and refocus the lens ( turning it in its mount a few degrees ) but again, not something that should be done if there is a warranty to lean on.
If focus irregularities are on just parts of the image, then as jokiin said it is either a problem with the image sensor or the lens mount that encase it and hold the screw in lens itself.
Like looking thru a rifle scope, if things are not lined up correct ( your eye in relation to the scope ) you will not hit where the X is, so the lens mount of a deashcam could also tilt a little under heat stress, either from high outside temperatures or just prolonged use.

I would get things moving ASAP in regard to a repair / replacement / refund.

Last edited:
Just wanted to confirm what kamkar said. Probably you should contact them as soon as possible. Good luck, Sky.

Main Dash Cam unit in Box: 12 Months
All Accessories: 12 Months
MicroSD Card: 6 Months

A camera unit’s warranty is tracked via original purchase receipt.

I got my replacement today. I wish I screen captured all my settings on the old one though, spend a bit of time trying to remember how to get it to connect to wi-fi etc.
I should be good to go now, just curious, what do you guys set your cutoff voltage to? I think I have mine set to 12.1

For the UK i always recommend 12.0v, i've never been moaned at for a flat battery!

Back