Front camera not visible/recording

erkme73

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
a119v3 x 4
I got into the closest near-hit today that I couldn't believe there wasn't any contact. Upon bringing up the latest version of the app and connecting to the camera's wifi, I was seriously disappointed to find ZERO front camera videos since 7/31/24. Interior and rear were all there up current time.

I also noticed that the live preview was just a black screen, and pressing the "switch camera" button did nothing. I am able to get into the settings, but no changes stick. About half the time, the camera locks up tight (all LEDs stop blinking and WIFI disconnects). The only resolution is to unplug power to the camera (at which point it stays on until the cap drains - it doesn't gracefully shut down)

I verified that I'm on the latest firmware as per Viofo website. I did a "reset all settings" from the settings menu (that did take). I replaced the 256GB card (which was working flawlessly for the last 6mo) with a 32GB card. It did continue to record interior and rear, but no files for front.

I created a ticket with VIOFO earlier today but have not heard back yet.

I have several of these T130s in my vehicles and until today, have never had reason to question the reliability. In fact, several neighbors have the same units based on my recommendations.

What concerns me more than anything is that I had absolutely no clue that it wasn't working as intended. It still boots up, says, "recording 3 channel" and by all outward appearances, it's working 100%. Thank God I didn't actually need it today. A split second longer reaction time, and that video would have been sorely missed.

I got into the closest near-hit today that I couldn't believe there wasn't any contact. Upon bringing up the latest version of the app and connecting to the camera's wifi, I was seriously disappointed to find ZERO front camera videos since 7/31/24. Interior and rear were all there up current time.

I also noticed that the live preview was just a black screen, and pressing the "switch camera" button did nothing. I am able to get into the settings, but no changes stick. About half the time, the camera locks up tight (all LEDs stop blinking and WIFI disconnects). The only resolution is to unplug power to the camera (at which point it stays on until the cap drains - it doesn't gracefully shut down)

I verified that I'm on the latest firmware as per Viofo website. I did a "reset all settings" from the settings menu (that did take). I replaced the 256GB card (which was working flawlessly for the last 6mo) with a 32GB card. It did continue to record interior and rear, but no files for front.

I created a ticket with VIOFO earlier today but have not heard back yet.

I have several of these T130s in my vehicles and until today, have never had reason to question the reliability. In fact, several neighbors have the same units based on my recommendations.

What concerns me more than anything is that I had absolutely no clue that it wasn't working as intended. It still boots up, says, "recording 3 channel" and by all outward appearances, it's working 100%. Thank God I didn't actually need it today. A split second longer reaction time, and that video would have been sorely missed.
Was the GPS possibly not working? I have seen cameras throw off the time if the GPS stops working

Back