Front LED indication

lapisia

Reaction score
Country
Canada
sorry for all the questions..

Just want to figure out what does the front led mean. My itronics front LED just flash continuously when car is turned on or turned off (parking mode). Does the flashing LED mean its recording? Does the LED ever become solid? I know the LED is not on when the UPC power is off.

thanks

Just means it's on, I don't think mine ever went to solid led. It's there to deter thieves and let them know you have security in place.
Which is silly as it just screams, hey steal me. Electric tape sorted mine out.
Itronics are terrible with their software, you can't turn it off using the player.

You can either use a piece of black electrical tape or a small piece of black blu-tack to mask the front red led of the DVR.

jamesbcd said:
Just means it's on, I don't think mine ever went to solid led. It's there to deter thieves and let them know you have security in place.
Itronics are terrible with their software, you can't turn it off using the player.

I don't know if I agree with your idea that someone would try to steal your dash cam because of the light. It seems to me that someone would stay clear unless they knew exactly what it was. Would someone really want to break into a car thinking your alarm would make it an easy target?

Al Drake said:
jamesbcd said:

I don't know if I agree with your idea that someone would try to steal your dash cam because of the light. It seems to me that someone would stay clear unless they knew exactly what it was. Would someone really want to break into a car thinking your alarm would make it an easy target?

If you can't see it, you probably won't steal it.. :)

jamesbcd said:
Al Drake said:
jamesbcd said:

If you can't see it, you probably won't steal it.. :)

So you actually believe a thief would be attracted to a car with a security system rather than one without. ok :roll:

A white security led on a camera doesn't mean a full blown security system..
Opportunity theft. If they walk by and see a big flashing led is glowing, a thief is probably going to peer through your window and have a look? Whilst if there was no led, it's just going to be like any other car on the street and pass the car.
I don't know what sort of neighborhood you live in but people will steal anything around here.

jamesbcd said:
A white security led on a camera doesn't mean a full blown security system..
Opportunity theft. If they walk by and see a big flashing led is glowing, a thief is probably going to peer through your window and have a look? Whilst if there was no led, it's just going to be like any other car on the street and pass the car.
I don't know what sort of neighborhood you live in but people will steal anything around here.

Actually this hood is pretty safe and secure. Low crime rate area. I was simply deducing that not many thieves would try to steal from a car that had a light visible. lights or no lights how is one to know you have an alarm to begin with? I can see a parked car at night in a driveway below at the house next door that has a flashing light and I assume it's an alarm. Why wouldn't anyone else think the same about any light even a dash cam LED? So what you are saying is that your thief will know there is no alarm and you simply have a dash cam and break in? :lol:

I'm just saying around my area, a white led regardless of alarm, will attract unwanted attention that MAY lead to a break in. More so than if there was no led to attract the attention in the first place.
I'll leave it at that..

jamesbcd said:
I'm just saying around my area, a white led regardless of alarm, will attract unwanted attention that MAY lead to a break in. More so than if there was no led to attract the attention in the first place.
I'll leave it at that..

Fair enough. I'm lucky to park my car in a garage when at home and in PRIME highly secure space at work. No need to even lock it in view of security cameras 24/7.

I think if you have a led flashing than the person who want to steal will be alert and try to disable your security system first.But if you have a hidden security system than you are more secure.Because due to negligence t he alarm will be triggered and your car will be secure.

Back