Fujitsu Dash Cam Model FT0112A Not Accepting New SD Card - 2024 RAV4 XLE Hybrid

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
Canada
.: Hello. This is my first post. I recently purchased a 2024 RAV4 XLE Hybrid, with an installed Fujitsu Ten Limited Dash Cam, which the manual calls a "Genuine Toyota Dash Camera." This is the 4th RAV4 I have owned, and the second one with the same type of dash cam. I was on a long road trip last week, and when I returned home, I removed the SD card from its slot in the dash cam and watched some of the video files. All was well. Then, unexpectedly, I misplaced or dropped the SD card and could not find it. I went to a local electronics dealer and purchased a Kingston 128GB with 170 MB/s SD card. I formatted it using the "SD card Formatter.app".

When I placed the SD card into the dash cam slot, the dash cam linked its green light a few times and then suddenly started blinking red and repeating a loud, two-toned beep over and over. The only way I could stop it was to press the "Action Button." At this point, I have no idea what to do or what is going on with the camera and/or the micro SD card. So I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, how did you deal with it?

Any and all comments, suggestions, advice and/or guidance would be welcome with open arms and much gratitude. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8491.jpeg
    IMG_8491.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 1
Is the card formatted to FAT32? Anything else could be causing erratic behavior.

I 'think' that will format to ExFat for cards larger than 32GB. Try formatting the card using GUIformat which should force it to FAT32.

I learned that I can format the disk on a MacBook regardless of its size, so I've formatted it on the MacBook using Disk Utility app to MS-DOS (FAT32). I will try it in the dash cam tomorrow and report back.

Back