Full Camera Frozen

mentatgom

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was funny that the previous post is this same issue as I just experienced it. But the difference in [ https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/screen-freeze-issue-on-2-4-firmware.34334/ ] is that they can still get to their menu. My A119s is fully locked up [image attached to post]. This on on firmware 2.2 and is locked up with and without an SD card present. I connect to power, get logo and startup sound, red led lit, but all buttons fully unresponsive and 1/3 static on the screen. I checked the other threads, but as mentioned, they seem to still have working buttons. When I connect to my PC, it is not recognized as a storage device to even attempt firmware rewrite. Thanks for any help offered. I have 5 other A119S I've ordered and used in family vehicles and never an issue until this particular unit.

Attachments

• 20180520_184512.jpg
    20180520_184512.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 28
It was funny that the previous post is this same issue as I just experienced it. But the difference in [ https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/screen-freeze-issue-on-2-4-firmware.34334/ ] is that they can still get to their menu. My A119s is fully locked up [image attached to post]. This on on firmware 2.2 and is locked up with and without an SD card present. I connect to power, get logo and startup sound, red led lit, but all buttons fully unresponsive and 1/3 static on the screen. I checked the other threads, but as mentioned, they seem to still have working buttons. When I connect to my PC, it is not recognized as a storage device to even attempt firmware rewrite. Thanks for any help offered. I have 5 other A119S I've ordered and used in family vehicles and never an issue until this particular unit.

The problem I had was cleared this way, but access to the menu was not immediate for me. After powering up without a card installed, I had to randomly press buttons until the camera started responding (not always correctly) and I was able to get into the menu. Once into the menu, the buttons started working more normally. Then to clear the problem, manually default your settings using the "Default Setting" menu selection. Then power down, insert a card, and power back up again.

Please provide feedback so that others may be helped by your experience.

Thanks jokiin !
Once I found my card reader, I used my PC to copy the firmware bin to the micro-SD card. I slotted it into the camera and powered it on with a cellphone charger. It went through the write process and for me started working normally again. I was in a rush earlier so hadn't gotten that far in my thought process :)

Exactly the same happen to my A119S today ... I reflashed firmware to 2.4 ... seems working fine now... we see how long :)

The problem I had was cleared this way, but access to the menu was not immediate for me. After powering up without a card installed, I had to randomly press buttons until the camera started responding (not always correctly) and I was able to get into the menu. Once into the menu, the buttons started working more normally. Then to clear the problem, manually default your settings using the "Default Setting" menu selection. Then power down, insert a card, and power back up again.

Please provide feedback so that others may be helped by your experience.

This is a great shortcut to get the camera back up and running again. This problem is pissing me off because it's happening every month or so. I was having to reload the firmware, but this shortcut worked like a charm.

Thanks for this!!

Back