Full freeze with card inserted

Unruly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I know there are a few threads here with similar issues, but I tried the recommended fixes in them and they didn't work.

I bought an A119S V2 back in March, and last week it started freezing up on me immediately after it booted up. The screen doesn't do the partial static screen that others are having, it just freezes with whatever image was on screen as soon as the camera turned on. There is a lot of additional grain throughout the image that wasn't there before I was having issues though, and that grain is there at all times. All buttons are totally unresponsive, and I have to unplug it and wait a few seconds for the capacitors to discharge before it turns off again. When there isn't a card in it, it powers on just fine and I'm able to use the menus and everything, but as soon as I try to power it up with a card in it, it stops working entirely

Originally I had firmware 2.2 on it. When it started messing up, I came here and saw that the first suggestion was to update the firmware, so I did. It's now on 2.4 and it's still doing it. I saw some people say to reset to default settings, so I did that. Also no luck. I even went and bought an entirely new card to see if it was something with my existing 2 cards, but it does it with the new one. I have a fourth card on the way, but I'm really not hopeful that it's going to fix my issue. I'm at a loss here, and being screwed out of a camera after just 3 months is a raw deal. Any help if appreciated.

Firmware: 2.4
SD Cards: SanDisk High Endurance in 32gb and 64gb, Samsung Pro Endurance 32gb.

Last edited:
Try to format memory card as FAT32 by Windows computer, and then insert into the camera!

I've done that, most recently with the Transcend High Endurance 32gb card that just got delivered yesterday. It also doesn't help. It was one of the things that Viofo support recommended, along with using the actual reset button on the camera. Which didn't fix it either.

I'm starting to think that the camera is a lost cause at this point, because I've run through everything multiple times and nothing is working.

Give it a try to test your both memory cards with tool T2testw to see if card errors!

It does sound like a card issue, but since you’ve tried 3 or 4 different cards, then there is probably something else going on. You have a warranty on the camera, so you should contact your seller for assistance.

Well, Viofo support requested a picture of the frozen screen as well as suggesting that the card slot may have failed.

For completeness I also ran H2Test on my brand new Transcend High Endurance 32gb card, and here were the results.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 19.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 21.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

And here's the picture of my frozen cam that I just sent to Viofo.

VQQ2N1q.jpg

You need to test the flexible tape in the mounts.

2017052413.1.jpg

Last edited:
I can assume, you need to check the trains in the mount.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by check the trains.

I was gonna mention the ribbon cable, but since he doesn’t experience the issue without a memory card, I didn’t think it would be the cause.

Hey everyone, I know there are a few threads here with similar issues, but I tried the recommended fixes in them and they didn't work.

I bought an A119S V2 back in March, and last week it started freezing up on me immediately after it booted up. The screen doesn't do the partial static screen that others are having, it just freezes with whatever image was on screen as soon as the camera turned on. There is a lot of additional grain throughout the image that wasn't there before I was having issues though, and that grain is there at all times. All buttons are totally unresponsive, and I have to unplug it and wait a few seconds for the capacitors to discharge before it turns off again. When there isn't a card in it, it powers on just fine and I'm able to use the menus and everything, but as soon as I try to power it up with a card in it, it stops working entirely

Originally I had firmware 2.2 on it. When it started messing up, I came here and saw that the first suggestion was to update the firmware, so I did. It's now on 2.4 and it's still doing it. I saw some people say to reset to default settings, so I did that. Also no luck. I even went and bought an entirely new card to see if it was something with my existing 2 cards, but it does it with the new one. I have a fourth card on the way, but I'm really not hopeful that it's going to fix my issue. I'm at a loss here, and being screwed out of a camera after just 3 months is a raw deal. Any help if appreciated.

Firmware: 2.4
SD Cards: SanDisk High Endurance in 32gb and 64gb, Samsung Pro Endurance 32gb.
I'm having the exact same issue as yours. What's the solution eventually?

Back