FYI A119 V2 GPS mount is not compatible with the A119 V3 DashCam, V3 uses a different GPS chipset.

OCD Tronic

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO, GitUp, INNOVV, QVIA, GUARD TRAK + More on Amazon.com
FYI

The older A119 V2 GPS mount is not compatible with the new A119 V3 DashCam, V3 uses a different GPS chipset.

The reverse is true as well.

A119 V2 DashCam is not compatible with the V3 GPS mount for the same reason.

5a9164fef2a18c8922d61f4e639f8558.jpg

Why duplicate each topic, just need to read the thread.

Why duplicate each topic, just need to read the thread.

Because we've been asked multiple times in the last few days via support messages, wanted make it extra clear.
The thread you posted doesn't make it clear enough. "incompatible with due to software" doesn't explain enough. Also the thread topic is talking about V1 mounts
I'm explaining about V2 vs V3 mounts which have the same flex connectors as the V2. (so "looks" the same) V1 had the pogo pin connections of course.
We'll be updating the listings with this info as well. I don't think over communicating is a bad thing when it comes to this type of stuff.

It is fine, many same questions have been asked in here many many times.
It is one of the little things that make it hard to be helpful, or should i say a challenge to be helpful, anyway its not a result of stupid but just a challenge in modern society.

And the more times / places the answer is posted i assume the bigger are the chance people can find the answer on their own.

Because we've been asked multiple times in the last few days via support messages, wanted make it extra clear.
The thread you posted doesn't make it clear enough. "incompatible with due to software" doesn't explain enough. Also the thread topic is talking about V1 mounts
I'm explaining about V2 vs V3 mounts which have the same flex connectors as the V2. (so "looks" the same) V1 had the pogo pin connections of course.
We'll be updating the listings with this info as well. I don't think over communicating is a bad thing when it comes to this type of stuff.

Why not post it on the sales page at Amazon and anyone buying will know.

That will also be a good idea.

" NOT compatible with older / other viofo camera mounts"

Why not post it on the sales page at Amazon and anyone buying will know.

As I said: "We'll be updating the listings with this info as well. "
takes awhile for any changes to be approved by amazon to be published.

And the more times / places the answer is posted i assume the bigger are the chance people can find the answer on their own.
That is of course if they even bother looking for the answer before asking the question.

I feel i repeat myself some times :)
I have also contemplated just copy / paste a older RPLY but then i have to search for it, and to be honest searching forums are also not my force.

Back