G1W - Always thinks it's charging

Kyle12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've had my G1W for 2 weeks and its worked great so far. When unplugged, it runs on battery and shows the battery indicator; when plugged in the indicator shows it's charging. The auto-record when plugged in to the car adapter worked great and it shut off within seconds after the car was turned off.

Now, all of a sudden, it thinks it's charging all the time whether it's plugged in or not and the automatic stop recording and 'Goodbye' after a few seconds doesn't work. No matter what, the indicator thinks it's being charged - which means every time I turn it on, it starts recording. I've let the battery run down to see if it would reset and I've also used the reset button - still the same problem. Now I have to manually stop recording after each time I drive the car and when I turn it on at home, I have to stop the auto-record and then delete the useless clip it creates each time.

Is there any way to get this back the way it was?

In some similar errors I had with other dash-cams in the past, even if not helped when after let battery run empty, reset or factory restore, - then I tried to disconnect battery, wait a little bit, connect back, charge battery full and in some cases it helped, but not in all. Also can try: disconnect battery, then connect G1W to power source and see if it starts auto-rec. If non of those helping, then it might be faulty FW, or something else, but anyway in that case you need to send it back.

Thanks! I gather a battery disconnect requires me to open up the unit? Can you point me to instructions for doing this? I'll search YouTube and this forum, but just in case you know :)

Back