G1W AVOUT pinout?

upsss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone knows the AVOUT pinout? I guess that this jack has the Audio and Video output, is it true? I would like to display the video output on my 2DIN head unit.

Some G1W versions have the A/V hole in the case but no jack on the PCBoard. I've owned both kinds :rolleyes: Not sure the plug needed or the pin-out.

Phil

Does anyone knows the AVOUT pinout? I guess that this jack has the Audio and Video output, is it true? I would like to display the video output on my 2DIN head unit.
As @SawMaster said, first you need to find out if the jack is there inside the hole. If it is, you'll need one of these:

Audio_amp_Video_rca_cable_3_5mm_audio_output_jack_M_Three_rca_plug_M_7885_1.jpg

Buy a standard-type cable. There are similar cables for other applications that have the video cable connected to a different part of the jack, not that it matters much because you can always switch the RCA plugs if the colors don't match.

My camera definitely has an AVOUT jack, usually it is the 2nd jack (next to the AVOUT) on these cameras that sometimes is missing. I really doubt that these cameras jack have 4 contact like your cable picture, that cable is for Video and Stereo audio output. I suspect that the jack on these cameras have only 3 pins, Video, Audio (mono) and Ground, the question is which is which.

there's no set standard used so you might find the outputs don't match the colours of the cables as expected but they do generally work but you'll need to check which lead gives which signal

I 'oogled up this thread which is fr the A118/B40 but should also work with the G1W's:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/av-out.8401/

It seems there are 2 different length plugs and it seems that the 4-conductor plug will handle stereo or mono cams. As you'll see nobody follows the color-code for the RCA plugs; just swap them around till it all works.

Phil

OK, I just made my own cable and my first try was the correct one, it is NOT like the A118. The tip is Video and the body is Ground. I don't care about the audio so the middle one must be the Audio. As I mentioned before, I doubt that the audio is stereo output (camera has only one microphone). 3 or 4 contacts, it doesn't matter to me, I don't care about the audio.

On the G1W's I have, 3 of them, the Video is the Tip. THe other connector has some signals on it but have no idea what it is, haven't looked at it with a scope, yet :)
When I plug in the AV cable it cuts off the camera monitor. I also noticed that shortly after hooking up the AV cable that some functions don't work.
It takes a power down/power up to get all the buttons active again.
For example, the zoom will zoom up and down but after a minute or so it won't.
They will still record with AV out but recording stops with HDMI out.
Really nice picture with HDMI but I guess the processor just doesn't have the bit rate to record and output HD at he same time.

Well, 3 or 4 pin plug does matter, you must use a 4 pin plug. The Video output is still on the tip as I said but it looks like the Audio is on the 3rd pin or maybe even on the 2nd and 3rd. The reason I can say that for sure is because since I was using a 3 pin plug (I didn't have a 4 pin plug) if I pushed the plug all the way in, the camera would turn off. Therefore the audio must be on the 3rd pin (on a 4 pin jack) and by using a 3 pin plug that pin would become grounded (audio shorted to ground) and the camera would turn off.

Last edited:
Back