G1W-CB from foxoffer problems

Chrisb62

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I powered it up. It shows the memory card icon. The card is in tho. So I assume It needs formatting. I push the menu button and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is this thing broken?

I think it's a good idea to pick up a microSD card reader. They're cheap and you can use it to make sure your microSD card is okay, plus it's a faster way to download and view files from the card instead of having to connect the camera to your computer with a USB cable.

Also, I hope you didn't force the card into the slot upside down.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

So I powered it up. It shows the memory card icon. The card is in tho. So I assume It needs formatting. I push the menu button and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is this thing broken?
Try powering it up without the card to see if the menus and the various functions work. What's the card's brand and capacity?

It's a 32gb transendance. It was part of the deal at foxoffer. It came with the card in the camera already. All I did was plug the camera in and it shows the card icon. The manual says that means insert card. I have a card reader at home I can see if the card actually works when I get there. The buttons do nothing with or without the cars. The power button works tho. It also says its recording. Maybe it is just has nothing to save it too. I dunno. I'll see if it actually recorded something when I get home. Odd none of the buttons work tho

ok nevermind. i didnt realize while its recording you cant access the menu. and once i got into the menu and set the date and time and whatever settings i wanted the insert card icon disappeared.

so apparently we are all good.

One question. How do i have the screen off at all times. Is that the screensaver option? thanks to those who replied.

Yes, the screensaver option will turn off the screen after the camera has been on for the time you set it to. I have mine set for 3 minutes. You can still verify that it's on and recording by the tiny red blinking LED in the upper-left corner.

ok nevermind. i didnt realize while its recording you cant access the menu. and once i got into the menu and set the date and time and whatever settings i wanted the insert card icon disappeared.

so apparently we are all good.
Glad to see you're learning by yourself. :)

One question. How do i have the screen off at all times. Is that the screensaver option?
Yes. Like Norm I. Leaky wrote, you can set the time the display will be on after the camera is powered on, but you can't have it permanently off.

Back