G1W Would Not Slowly Power Down

Ed Wong

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W
Hi Everyone!

I just purchased G1W. On first day of ownership it worked fine without a problem but now it seem like it would not slowly power down the dash cam. This would lead to a corruption on my last recorded file. Every time I take out my key from the ignition the camera would immediately turn off and a few second later it would turn on by itself. Any input or suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ed

Try another SD card first.

Did that today and still have the same issue. I have the camera setup on a loop for every 5 minutes. So it is always the file with last 5 minutes of footage is corrupted. All the other files would be fine with no issue.

What is your auto-shutdown setting ?
Try to set 2 minutes and watch if the cam stays 2 minutes ON after disconnecting power cable.

I just went and tried it. The power setting is set at 3 minutes and when I pull the power plug it would only stay on for 5-10 seconds and then shut off. I also notice that the red light flashes really quick instead of staying steady. I do know if that is an issue. Thanks Chris-s for your replies and suggestion. Greatly appreciated.

It appears that the battery is dead...

I have a feeling it might be that. Is there a way to charge it or do you think its defective?

Try to charge it without turning the cam ON.
The LED should be steady red and turn off when fully charged.

But if you have driven 1 hour, it should be already charged.

But I really think that the battery is dead.
Where did you buy it ?
Any way to have a warranty fix ?

I bought it from ebay seller spytec inc. I'll try to charging it with the camera off to see if the red led stay steady if not then I'm going have to contact the seller. Thanks for all your help!

You're welcome :)

I don't know this seller.
Did you get a genuine G1W or a knock off ?
Check the type of file : AVI or MOV ?
Check also fps, look at file properties, it should be 1080p @ 30fps, not less than 30fps.

I'm pretty sure its a genuine.
Heres the specs:

Video type: MOV / MP4 / 3GPP2 02m11s
1: Video: AVC1, 14739kbps, 30.0fps, 1920x1080, gop15 - VideoHandler vide

Hi,

PM me your order number and I can have somebody who works with our Ebay store contact you about returning it.

I'm pretty sure its a genuine.
Heres the specs:

Video type: MOV / MP4 / 3GPP2 02m11s
1: Video: AVC1, 14739kbps, 30.0fps, 1920x1080, gop15 - VideoHandler vide
Specs are OK, it's genuine.
You're lucky, Spytec is a member of this forum, I'm sure the issue will be fixed soon :)

Back