G1WH Fake or not Fake ?

it's only USD $7 less than Foxoffer, they don't sell the copy and their rep @billknow is active on the forum here, up to you if you want to risk it for the sake of $7 but I know where I would spend my money

Only $7 yes, but also 12.50% rebate !
For me it is not "peanuts" :D

I know Foxoffer and @billknow, I will order the mini 0803 there as soon as available ;)

I also trust Banggood, but I have never order that kind of item there before.

When I read the specs, it looks like a "real" G1WH.
Is there a way to identify a fake G1WH, before and after buying ?

these are public model products, many factories assemble similar looking product that won't necessarily be the same internally or come with the same quality accessories, there are many different suppliers and differing grade of product, if you decide to buy there then be sure to post your thoughts on what you receive

I got the Bangood's newsletter with a sale of the G1WH @ 49,99USD.

Here was a post about the G1W-H before from Bangood
BGdeal coupon might still work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for information.
With the 5% coupon, it is now at 47,49$ !
I think I will take the risk and order.
For a rear dashcam, it is a good price !

I'll will let you know as soon as received.

Is there a way to identify a fake G1WH, before and after buying ?
Sorry I missed this before. I do not know of any knock off G1W-Hs yet, but with the regular G1W the only way i know to tell for sure is after you get one to check the bitrate. See if it records in .Mov file formate .AVI is a knock off and make sure there is an HDMI port.

Thanks for information.
With the 5% coupon, it is now at 47,49$ !

You are welcome. It was hwgeek who posted the original deal. I'm just passing good information along. Saving money is saying money, and that can go towards a good Transcend Micro card if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I missed this before. I do not know of any knock off G1W-Hs yet, but with the regular G1W the only way i know to tell for sure is after you get one to check the bitrate. See if it records in .Mov file formate .AVI is a knock off and make sure there is an HDMI port.
OK I will check this.
Which value should have the bitrate ?

OK I will check this.
Which value should have the bitrate ?
One of two ways.
I would personally get into the habit of using a program called Registrator Viewer
Not only does it let you see information about the files you record, but you can also cut and/or combine clips together and mute audio if need be. It also does not need to be installed just downloaded and opened. Really great program.

Open the program
Open a file created with your G1W
Right click on it in the list on the right side
Left Click properties.

You will see a new window come up and want to look at the Video line. My Non H G1W looks like this

1: Video: AVC1, 11966kbps, 30.0fps, 1920x1080, gop15 - VideoHandler vide

The part i made standout is your bitrate. Since they use the same chip they should be around the same. Some G1Ws are 15MB though, and I do not know if the G1W-H is or not, but I am guessing if it was a knock off with the lower end chip the bitrate and FPS might be lower.

The faster way is to look at the file properties and then details under Windows

Thanks for all of this, I will come back here later when I will have the results.
Many thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for all of this, I will cmoe back here later when I will have the results.
Many thanks

You are welcome.
We all start somewhere. Hopefully you end up with a good camera and get to learn a bit.
The best thanks is to learn all you can so when you come across someone else who is looking for a DashCam and might be about to buy a knock off G1W or something even worse you can go hey wait and make sure you check this information out first so other drivers don't have to go through the hassle of buying and dealing with a low quality knock off camera.

You are right.

3 years ago, I wasn't aware about fakes, and I was very lucky to buy a real DVR-027 from eBay HK that still works fine 5 hours each day.
The only issue is some freeze when temperature is too high into the car.

I want also like to thanks all detailers and manufacturers who are also very helpful in this forum.
This is the first time I see this in a forum.
Much appreciated ! :)

It should be true g1wh, anytime there are sellers to sell low price to get more sales. Almost non profit.

It should be true g1wh, anytime there are sellers to sell low price to get more sales. Almost non profit.

It's true, I know some Taobao sellers that make 1RMB profit (look it up for anyone that doesn't know how much that is) only on each sale on some items and feel they need to do this to catch the market, it's a ridiculous way to do business, companies like this always have the worst service as they can't afford the time to fix problems

Back