G90 A7LA50 Recommended Card ?

getoiu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all.

First of all I'm new in the forum and have found some very interesting topics - kudos to all.

Now here's my pain:
After I've purchased two dash cams and a dozen memory cards I'm finally admitting that I need help.
I've just bought that Ambarella G90 dash cam and Kingston 32GB micro SD. The problem that I have is that the camera records some videos and all of the rest are corrupted. The same thing happened with my previous G1W and a few other SD Cards. Now I've tested the new Kingston card with H2Testw and it found 23.5 out of 32gb corrupted. What is the chance that all of the memory cards that I'm buying are fake ? I've been buying cards on ebay for years for any devices from mobile phones to DSLR cameras (low speed and high speed ones) and never had a faulty one let alone a couple of them. Now I'm wondering if the dash cams (they get quite hot) are damaging the cards and if so which one would you recommend to buy ? Is Transcend any good for dash cams? Transcend, Kingston and San Disk High Endurance are all rated to work up to 85 degree Celsius which makes me to stop and think about the actual issue instead of buying new cams and cards.

So what would you suggest me to try?

That is very strange, i have g90 and i have used mostly Kingston class10 cards from local store for years now and i never had any problems.
Difficult to give any advice other than stay in school, stay off drugs.
I wonder what this android app would say about your cards
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

That is very strange, i have g90 and i have used mostly Kingston class10 cards from local store for years now and i never had any problems.
Difficult to give any advice other than stay in school, stay off drugs.
I wonder what this android app would say about your cards
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

It says SD card is Invalid and under Model: APPSD

So I presume that undeed it's fake. This is the third Kingston that I'm buying from ebay that does that so I presume that they're all fake.
The strange thing is that I'm usually a San Disk user and just bought a few for my DSLR and are brilliant (again from ebay). This I guess leaves me with no choice but try to find an off street store for an SD card. What model would you suggest ?

they are 8gb cards faked to look like 32gb, eBay is one of the worst places to buy cards from, majority there are fake

I've always been happy with San Disk but have found a several opinions that the should be avoided for dash cams. Does anyone know anything about this ? I was looking at SanDisk Ultra

not a good choice for dashcam use, if they encounter an error the card will change to read only mode and that's the end of it

Thanks. Which brands are reputable for dash cams then?

Back