G90 Radio Interference

MoneyT8

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A118C, G90
Hello, I've noticed that my G90 interferes with most of my radio stations. It's mostly a static sound and when I turn off the G90 the static sound would go away. Any fixes for this? Thanks in advance.

Better power adapter should sort it out

Any links to the power adapter? I'm not sure that would do the trick but I would certainly give it try. I always thought it was something inside of the G90 and maybe tin foil would do the trick. Thanks for replying.

Unplug it and run on batteries, does it still cause noise?

It's actually when plugged in when the static starts occurring. I will note that it seems to static more when in recording mode than in say in viewing picture mode. The battery was low but I didn't hear any static. What is the solution to this if there is any? I haven't heard of any other G90 owners with this issue.

If you only get static when plugged in its the adapter, some radios are more susceptible to picking up noise than others and won't necessarily be a problem for everyone

Hello, I've noticed that my G90 interferes with most of my radio stations. It's mostly a static sound and when I turn off the G90 the static sound would go away. Any fixes for this? Thanks in advance.
I confirm this problem. Two weeks ago I put my dashcam in another car and when powering on it simply killed the radio channel.
Info1: Strangely, even though I'm using a FM transmitter and a splitter (to split the 12V power outlet) I never had any problem.
Info2: When I start the dashcam in the morning, sometimes, the recordings have some fluctuations (for some minutes 1-3). At that moment everything is running at max in order to warm the car.
Info3: The same radio channel which was killed by the dashcam, couple of minutes later (15-20) worked without any problem. Right now, I don't know if 2 and 3 are correlated.

I already have some toroidal ferrites; I'll test to see if they have some effects.

I use a USB to mini usb in my car as the original power adapter gives interference. I chose USB since I also use a power socket for multiple things, laptop, wide band, gps and cam

You can use a $2 socket to USB and a $5 cord, or buy a better adapter that is 5v with micro usb. I think the first option is safer as the new adapter might give the same problem

The OE adapter does not interfere in my gf's car

I use a USB to mini usb in my car as the original power adapter gives interference. I chose USB since I also use a power socket for multiple things, laptop, wide band, gps and cam

You can use a $2 socket to USB and a $5 cord, or buy a better adapter that is 5v with micro usb. I think the first option is safer as the new adapter might give the same problem

The OE adapter does not interfere in my gf's car

Can you give a link to the USB cables that you've mentioned? I'll give that try and hopefully it'll work. I just need to also figure out how to mount this thing without it falling off. Thanks.

Just an update. So I bought a longer usb to mini cable and it resolved the issue with the radio interference. I've also resolved the issue with the mount constantly falling off with vasoline for the time being at least. I have a sun shield and it clips the lens of the G90 so I'll probably have to cut it which I probably won't because it was expensive and custom made. The other issue I'm having is with the G90 itself. I just factory reset the thing because it would stop recording when I turn on the car than I would manually hit the ok button and now I'm unable to change any menu items. I'm thinking about doing a firmware update any help there? I'm afraid I might brick the camera. Thanks.

If the G90 is not getting sufficient power, some of the buttons may not work/response.

Back