Gap between files on a F500L HD?

timmaaah

Reaction score
I want to buy a decent dashcam and I think I've narrowed it down to the DOD F520L HD as being sold here by Estore009 http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-F500L-HD-Fu ... TQ:US:1123

I really would not like any gaps (ie sub .5 seconds) between the video files

The firmware is listed as being V6.9T2L-KH I've asked the vendor about gaps between files and they have replied saying there is a 2 second gap between the files. Is this correct? If it is, would the 8.9 2TL-KH firmware update rectify this?

If not, what would be an alternative to this camera? I would like a high quality daytime image image (and reasonable night footage) and no gaps between files. Auto record and loop recording.

Many thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
timmaaah said:
If not, what would be an alternative to this camera? I would like a high quality daytime image image (and reasonable night footage) and no gaps between files. Auto record and loop recording.

Many thanks :)

What's your budget?

The camera I linked to is £70 delivered ( us $100) and the newer (?) F520 (that doesn't seem to have the gap issue) is £120 (us $175), so somewhere round about that I guess :)

timmaaah said:
The camera I linked to is £70 delivered ( us $100) and the newer (?) F520 (that doesn't seem to have the gap issue) is £120 (us $175), so somewhere round about that I guess :)

ok, your budget is enough to get a decent camera, my camera doesn't sell in the UK currently but I'm sure some others will be able to offer some suggestions within your price range

Hi timmaaah,

The F500LHD with V6.9T2L-KH using a decent SD card and 1-minute clips does not have a gap between files. I think he is trying to upsell you on the more expensive camera.

Back