Garmin Mini 2 Dashcam

aone16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I am new here and have been doing some research about hardwiring my dash camera, a Garmin Mini 2. I have not been able to find an answer from searching. I just have a couple of questions before I dive into this.. Any feedback will be appreciated.

I am in the process of hardwiring a radar detector, and I also want to include my dash camera. I will probe in at the terminal that powers the rear view mirror in my car. My radar detector takes requires 12 volts, so no converter is required for the hard wire. My question is, does the Garmin Mini 2 require 12 volts or 5 volts? I have not been able to find a definite answer to this. If so, would I require a 12 volts DC to 5 volts DC converter before power reaches the camera? If I threw 12 volts at the camera from the car's power, I'm sure I would

I would plan to do this if above is correct. Place a 90 degree micro USB (bare wire, power and ground) to the converter, solder connections, other end of converter to two small terminal probes. Stick in to back side of rear view mirror plug/connector.

Thank you!

Back