Geezer question

Xamu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3, Viofo T130, Viofo T130
As a retired guy who used to know more about computers and technology than I do now, I come seeking wisdom.

I've got an ancient iPad that I don't use a lot; partly because it's not comfortable to hold and partly because many of the apps won't upgrade and no longer work. A new iPad Mini is what I want to replace it. I've been thinking about getting one for a while and if the need was urgent I would have bought one on on Amazon Prime Day when it was on sale for $379 instead of $499. I didn't get it then and while I'm fine with that decision, I've since told myself that the next time I see it on sale under $400, I will pick one up.

Here's the geezer question [finally]: How can I create an alert that tells me when the iPad Mini is selling for < $400?

@Xamu, like you, I have an old iPad. It's a first generation iPad Mini I bought more than 10 years ago and it too is so old that I can no longer update the OS or many of the apps. Somehow though, the battery is still good and many of the apps still function just fine so I still use it for certain tasks. It makes a great bedside internet radio plugged into a sound system for instance. I replaced the old iPad with a 5th generation iPad MIni that is my everyday go-to iPad now.

Here's the thing. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't buy a Mini. I would buy a full sized iPad or iPad Air as the way I use an iPad has evolved and I now find the Mini to be too small for my tastes and usage. For example, I now get my morning paper delivered digitally as the local paper is no longer hand delivered at 5am but now comes in the mail in the afternoon when I don't have time to read it. Reading a newspaper on the iPad Mini is a pain as are other tasks as I've slowly come around to thinking.

Just a thought to consider before you go for that new Mini. :)

@Xamu, like you, I have an old iPad. It's a first generation iPad Mini I bought more than 10 years ago ...

Just a thought to consider before you go for that new Mini. :)
What? Don't I get 10 years same as you to grow to dislike it? :LOL:

What? Don't I get 10 years same as you to grow to dislike it? :LOL:

It wasn't clear to me if you also have an old Mini you're looking to upgrade. Just sharing my own experience. With the Mini I find myself zooming in and moving around the screen to read more than I like. Then again, the 5th generation Mini I've got is a great tablet with lots of power and superb screen, especially compared to the original Mini.

Back