General subforum for manufacturer dashcams

Google

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am baffled why there is no "general" subform for a particular manufacturer's dashcam.

Right now, you have to go to your manufacturer's model's forum eg Lukas 7900 but there is no general forum for the manufacture eg. Lukas.

There are times when one might want to post a topic that applies to all of the manufacturer's dashcams eg Lukas and it may not get exposure if it is buried in one particular model's forum when in fact the thread could apply to all of Lukas cams.

you could post in the general section rather than the manufacturer specific one if it was that broad, I'd expect if there was just a general section within the brand people would either post stuff there that belonged elsewhere and then we'd have stuff getting missed or the admin having to move stuff all the time

That's what I have done, if the topic was that broad I would post in the general forum. Many times, that's not the case and the issue is manufacturer specific, rather than model specific. I feel posts like that should go in a specific manufacturer general section, if we had one. For example, if I have concerns about all Lukas dashcams, I don't think it would be wise to post in each sub (model) forum. At the same time, posting in the General [all cams] forum, might not get the exposure it normally would get had there been a manufacturer specific general thread. That in itself clutters the general forum.

As what I do, if I am doing research about a dashcam company in a dashcam forum, I would first look for a manufacturer dashcam general forum. It frustrates me to sift through other posts not releated to the manufacturer I am looking for. . Besides, one might easily miss a good post or thread because the author didn't make mention of what manufacturer h/she is referring to in the subject line. It's all about organization of the forum. It also wouldn't take much time to add a new category to each manufacturer sub forum.

Admins do what Admins need to do. I was an Admin before and that was one of things I had to do was move posts to the correct thread. Education is another part of the Admin's role well.

There's already a forum for each manufacturer when you click their name and the rest are sub forums beneath it?

You can post in the main manufacturer forum directly?

In the Lukas forum, you can click on a new post, but the new post goes into LK-7300G, LK-7500 Cuty, LK-7900 Ace sub forum.

Attachments

• lukas_Capture2.JPG
    lukas_Capture2.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 8
Ah that is likely to be the old name referenced somewhere for what the general Lukas forum is now - at some point @DashCamMan will have created the sub forums and moved posts into the relevant ones, but looks like a lingering reference is there.

Posts made there would drop into the main Lukas forum as that's where I've made my last two threads :)

That's what I have done, if the topic was that broad I would post in the general forum. Many times, that's not the case and the issue is manufacturer specific, rather than model specific. I feel posts like that should go in a specific manufacturer general section, if we had one. For example, if I have concerns about all Lukas dashcams, I don't think it would be wise to post in each sub (model) forum. At the same time, posting in the General [all cams] forum, might not get the exposure it normally would get had there been a manufacturer specific general thread. That in itself clutters the general forum.

What kind of problem do you mean though, if you don't have each model wouldn't it be appropriate to post in the section about the model you have?

I don't know that we have that many Lukas users on here to get a broad response about model wide problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...I just deleted the Lukas description that may have caused some confusion.
That's awesome! That's what I was looking for. I am happy. lol.
Btw. Thank you! :)

Back