Getting recordings from the camera/how does cloud mode on the blackvue work?

BrettS

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking at purchasing my first dashcam and I've done quite a bit of research, but I still have a lot of questions too.

Ideally I'm really looking for a set it and forget it sort of operation. I see this as a camera that just continually records, overwriting the older recordings as new ones come in. I don't want to have to manage or format SD cards.

Additionally, I'm looking for something that makes it quick and easy to get the recordings that I do need. I have a laptop, but I rarely use it... I use my iPhone and iPad for almost everything. Because of this, pulling the SD card and putting it into a computer to get the recordings would be less than ideal.

I don't have a hotspot in my car, but wifi is available in my garage (in fact my router is in my garage, so there is a nice strong signal there). In my mind, a perfect solution would be a camera that could record while the car was out and driving around, then once I got home and it connected to my wifi it would upload the new videos to the cloud so that way I can download and access them from anywhere. Is this how the blackvue cloud mode works? Are there any cameras that can do this? Is this all just wishful thinking?

1. Is this how the blackvue cloud mode works?
2. Are there any cameras that can do this?
3. Is this all just wishful thinking?

1. No
2. Not in anything consumer grade
3. Pretty much

Complete set it and forget it isn't really practical, memory cards are always a weak link and should be checked periodically

if you buy a dashcam, then you will have a change to not waste your laptop afterall :)

Back