Ghost in computer LCD screen

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
So for some reason my computer screen turn itself on and off many times a hour when it is turned off, and i cant figure out why it do so.
The iiyama screen are connected using Display Port as on this screen that's what support freesync, and it is connected to my 5700 XT graphics card

I dont have any "smart" features turned on in the computer BIOS like keeping USB live so you can use it to charge ASO

Here is a video where you can see it come on and off a few times, all within a 3 minute segment of a dashcam.

Something is waking it after the screen has gone off. If the computer is off, that would be strange.

yes it is very weird, my BIOS settings are pretty much stock + boot sequence and then a few tweaks to make my 3500 MHZ CPU run 4000 MHZ.
I have also tried with stock speeds but that's the same result, and i have browsed thru the BIOS several times to see if i could find anything that would trigger it, but to no avail..

The BIOS have been updated 2 times since i build the computer, but that have not made any changes.

Back