Git2 - Start/Stop button - Not working

RuiRaposo

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello,

Was using my Git 2 today in waterproof case after a while the shutter start/stop recording button stopped working.
I am now unable to start or stop a recording or take pics.

Is there a fault ? hardware issue?

Thanks
Rui

Possibly the micro switch is damaged. This can occur in the waterproof case by pressing the button too firmly.
To check it you need to open the camera and remove the little pcb that holds the switch (not too complicated). Check it with a continuity tester, in case of damage you need a skilled someone who can do the soldering of small parts. Replacements are maybe available directly from GitUp (whole pcb, simply replace in total), or only the little switch (e. g. from aliexpress).

Thanks for your reply.
Which switch should i get? Can you give a model reference or something to help me, in order to buy the right one.

Sorry, but I can't tell you. It is a temporary switch (normally open) in smd size, there are several slightly different sizes. But first you should check if the issues are really caused by the switch.

Hi,
Please help me, and I have exactly the same problem, I tried to rework the 3 wires/contacts shutter button,
but unfortunately I failed.
Can anyone help me with the electronic scheme, where do the 3 wires come from?
Best regards,
Julian

Back