Git3 review

Tungsten E2

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I only have the Git3 for a couple of days, but I have mixed feelings about it.

Here comes a list of some findings:

- no change of setings possible when cam is in case due to touch screen. that was better with the Git2
- in menu of Git2 you saw the settings of a menu item directly, in menu of Git3 you have to open the menu item first to see the actual setting
- the red LED on the back is very dark
- LED blick frequency is very slow, rised feature request on that
- FOV is smaller compared to Git2, GIT3 is missing FOV menu setting for this
- got some strange purple colors on my first timelapse video outdoor. need to check if this was due to sun position
- sometimes the touch screen does not work correct when pressing the low corner symbols
- case layout changed a lot. dimensions of the front lens ar totally different to Git2. External diving filter equipment does no longer fit.
- main advantage of the Git2 was that GoPro accessories could be used, this is no longer the case

Last edited:
- FOV is smaller compared to Git2, GIT3 is missing FOV menu setting for this
You should use the Zoom setting, another name for FOV...

- main advantage of the Git2 was that GoPro accessories could be used, this is no longer the case
Most GoPro Hero 4 accessories can be used, certainly the mounts, microphones and lens filter mount for when not in the case.

It is more compatible with Hero 4 accessories than the newer GoPros are!

thx, so do the Hero 4 cases fit the Git3?
Probably not, the Git2 fits a standard Hero4 case and will fit a G3 case, but only with a spacer because the G3 is thicker. Possibly some of the Hero 4 cases are designed for use with the Hero 4 screen and might fit?

Probably best to use a G3 case, and while some GoPro accessories designed for the Hero 4 case may not fit, others will or there may be other options...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Git3 0
P Git3 2
D Git3 2
S Git3 1
A Git3 7
Back