GPS Module useless?

CptCheesyCrust

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello everybody,

I have here a "70Mai Pro + GPS Module", English version. But what does the GPS module do anyway? I mean, there is no GPS tag on the video and no speed record. Or is there somewhere a well hidden function that I have to activate?

Greetings,

It's used only for ADAS...
Have an old, old Ion Adventure which records/imbeds speed, direction, elevation and distance once you added GPS module. And you could at least upload to Kinomap. ADAS only ... seems pointless?

Last edited:
kinda, hope they'll update it with full gps functionality soon

Hello everybody,

I have here a "70Mai Pro + GPS Module", English version. But what does the GPS module do anyway? I mean, there is no GPS tag on the video and no speed record. Or is there somewhere a well hidden function that I have to activate?

Greetings,
Did you solve problem?
I’m also meet it
Need advice method

As it was already explained, GPS module is currently used for ADAS funcionality only. Not for speed readings on video. Maybe in future versions of firmware they will change it according to users wishes.

As it was already explained, GPS module is currently used for ADAS funcionality only. Not for speed readings on video. Maybe in future versions of firmware they will change it according to users wishes.
Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 23
M Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 14
Back