GPS time

evlo

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Should time sync with gps? Only reason I bought this cam is because i do not drive often and wanted gps so it could sync time from gps, but after installing it in the car it does not sync

The time is synced only by the app for cellphone- You've got to select that option in app.
My new purchase is DDPAI mola N3 with GPS module. The speed could be printed on the recording, the time is synchronised automatically from GPS.

Wysłane z mojego Nokia 6.2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Funny, I was looking at ddpai, but I liked mi pro better, plus it shipped from Poland. Is there any ddpai with remote button + time from gps?

As viofo A129 does have same form factor as xiaomi + remote button, but i don't like there is no clear indication of problem, again old car + not drive too often, so on start up car turns off all power apart of starter and glow plugs and ie. viofo b40 has problems with that and does not start recording half the time and I just don't know it as it lives ... lived behind the mirror.

Earlier I've bought 70mai Dashcam Pro from Poland, on Monday I've bought DDPAI for a great price (black week), also from Poland, on Wednesday I've received it.

It hasn't got any remote button nor voice commands.

Wysłane z mojego Nokia 6.2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:
If date/time handling is important, no camera does it better than Garmin. Completely automatic including time zone and daylight saving time.

I was going to buy this one https://www.amazon.de/-/cs/dp/B07RB4WKSC/ as it is only that has, in my opinion, decent form factor, also currently in black friday, price is right with me NO GPS :D

Still very nice form factor and overly great design with lock button and mute button and nothing else, but I don't know how would I find recording to share without time.
Thanks for the tip anyway, at least I learned of it's existence.

Last edited:
All dashcams I know of have some way to set the time/date. It is possible that there are some which do not but I've never heard of that. Of my many cams one or two which require time to be set manually lose accuracy, so to find files I may need I get as close as I can with the time/date, then view that file. Once I see where the recording was made I can jump ahead or backward by the time difference I think it needs to get to the file I need. I will almost always be within one file at that point. Takes only a couple minutes.

As I know the clocks in those two cams of mine do not keep time well I set them regularly. Again only takes a minute every couple weeks to do that. GPS or phone coordination for time/date is nice but it's not the only way and TBH most cams keep time/date well enough to not need attention more than every month or two. You should be checking your sd card that often anyway so you can adjust the time then.

Phil

Back