Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Dash Cam
GS1000 Saddle SD-GS500 SMH4.36.220812B
GS1000 Auto Night Mode, 22:40PM, dry asphalt:

GS1000 Auto Night Mode, 21:20PM, wet asphalt:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is rather good considering there is no street lights.

considering there is no street lights
there are some before the traffic light, and none after.
The light reflects from a dry asphalt, but a wet one is black, no light reflection, and the camera is almost totally blind.
Haven't figured out yet, what is "Auto AntiGlare Mode" good for, which is also a setup-possibility in the "Night Mode" - section.

javr said:
Haven't figured out yet, what is "Auto AntiGlare Mode" good for, which is also a setup-possibility in the "Night Mode" - section.

I know that anti-glare is useless at night, otherwise... i dunno.
Do you have that EV setting in your camera, and if you do have you tried it, it can help night vision but then you should change setting every night and day.

I noticed the moon-icon (auto night mode) doesn't appear while driving through a long tunnel or very dense forest. But it is on every morning while driving to work before 6AM, even though it's already partially sunny. Is it really triggered by the clock, as I read somewhere, and not by the light ?
If so, what time in "on" and what time "off" ?

javr said:
I noticed the moon-icon (auto night mode) doesn't appear while driving through a long tunnel or very dense forest. But it is on every morning while driving to work before 6AM, even though it's already partially sunny. Is it really triggered by the clock, as I read somewhere, and not by the light ?
If so, what time in "on" and what time "off" ?

Some firmwares allow night mode timing manually, like new texet fw.

I's better than my night quality of videos.

It's always a problem when there is almost no light on the street for those car cams.

Next time with audio would be cool!

Back