GS1000 automatic charging cable

ahmetatakan

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
GS1000 camera's doesn't start automatically record with normal usb chargers.

GS1000's usb chargers's pinout is:

pin1 -> NC
pin2 -> NC
pin3 -> NC
pin4 -> +5V
pin5 -> GND

it will start automatically with this cable,

normal usb charger's pin4 doesnt connected to anything, normal usb chargers gives +5v from pin1

The solution:
buy a normal Mini USB cable. Cut it. Connect the wires again but based on previous picture and pinout.

EDIT:
I think my previous solution will not work because the standard Mini USB cable don't have all 5 wires connected to the Mini USB connector. The 4 wires are connected to these pins: 1 2 3 5 so the pin 4 is missing a connected wire.
If you can find a Mini USB cable with all 5 wires connected to all 5 pins you ca use my previous solution.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you compare that to regular usb cable and otg usb cable, in my mind comes:
Basically its same except, instead of N/C or ground in "pin 4", it has +5V in that. And useless pin1-3 wiped out.

I think its easily to modify GS1000 to accept any usb charger and still get automatical recording... maybe? who is first to try? ;)

Tekno said:
If you compare that to regular usb cable and otg usb cable, in my mind comes:
Basically its same except, instead of N/C or ground in "pin 4", it has +5V in that. And useless pin1-3 wiped out.

I think its easily to modify GS1000 to accept any usb charger and still get automatical recording... maybe? who is first to try? ;)
Hmm... I think you are right. The GS1000 doesn't know the pins. It just wait for +5V and -5V.
I know people can buy for ebay, but I think the minimum order is 10pcs and you need to wait about 2-3 weeks.

If you want right angled mini USB connector you canlook here. 5pcs=$3.5

enjoy,
Mtz

Now i opened my charger and made measurements.
There's only 2 wires inside charger, no other connections.
Also there is only two wires in usb plug, no other internal connections.
Connections are like in these images, i tested charger with gs1000 and some older dvr and both worked and started to record.
To me it's still wonder why both of these cameras did work with otg adapter too.
Thanks to ahmetatakan for good picture, i use it here if it's ok.
lh3.googleusercontent.com__pfgXJpSbbsQ_UPm3ChrOqZI_AAAAAAAAATM_XlXV39H88LI_s564_Image1.jpg

lh5.googleusercontent.com___IpXN2cLIwI_UPm2_jZU31I_AAAAAAAAATM_vVA7SfWA8vs_s564_Dsc03851.jpg

if i connect this type of charger (pin1 is 5v, pin5 is ground) to my gs1000, it doesnt start record automaticaly,
it gives three option (flash disc mode, charge mode, start mode) and it waits,

if you connect your gs1000 to your computer with usb cable, what did it do?
is it start recording automaticaly?
my gs1000 gives three option and waits.

I quess you have different model, mine is orange menu and firmware is smh4.35.160712B
When i plug it in to computer i have only blue screen witch says "usb connecting" and it connects automatically to usb drive mode.
There must be different logic how these cameras work, but it's strange if you camera asks anything if there's no data wires at all in that cable.
I have GS5000 charger somewhere if only i can find it, it is possible it has different kind of connections. This is very interesting and very strange too.

Am I right with this summary? I think yes.

In "before" is regular usb cable gnd and +5v, and in "after" is car cable of gs1000

1 connection must be changed to get automatical recording.

lh3.googleusercontent.com__taQSzSKbf2c_UPrkl939zgI_AAAAAAAADcE_tAdDaBqTgtc_s800_5vsense.png

This is almost boring, but i find my GS5000 original charger and here it is, very clearly pinout printed on the sticker.
lh6.googleusercontent.com__6tVaiyTDgwY_UP6zII9245I_AAAAAAAAAUE_e_ysj0_skhI_s704_Dsc03889.jpg

Thanks guys!
You saved my day! I am ready to incorporate two GS5000 cameras in my car (one front looking and one looking back). Ordered mini 10 pin USB connectors here
Why 10 pins? - they just fit much better, not as loose as 5 pin connectors. I can use servo cables instead of original USB cable and fit them nicely under car upholstery.
Did the GoPro3 USB connector and plan to re-do it with 10 pin connector.

Attachments

• SAM_0405.JPG
    SAM_0405.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 116
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back