GS1000 from [top-3 AliExpress shop] looks pre-owned = WTF?

Romeowns

Reaction score
Gidday all,
Is this normal for a new GS1000 Orange menu?

Scratching over the entire LCD panel:
i23.photobucket.com_albums_b383_RomeoEskobar_20121220_173320_zps0ab9f361.jpg

Deeper gouges on the right:
i23.photobucket.com_albums_b383_RomeoEskobar_20121220_173335_zps5061dafa.jpg

The car charger also has scratches from where it's been used, and none of the bags were sealed when opened. Also, the suction cup had obvious signs of wear and was covered in a thick layer of dust.

Also, what is with the green tag thing in the top right of the screen?

Let me know if I'm going crazy...

Cheers,
Alex

Re: New GS1000 from E-Prance looks pre-owned = WTF?

There is a protective film over the display, and this green thing is a handle where you should be able to remove it. Usually it shreds to many pieces but just take anything visible off with small pliers or similar. Or you can just let it be there, display is so small that you can't see much anyway.

Re: GS1000 from [top-3 AliExpress shop] looks pre-owned = WT

Thanks for the tip Sabe. I had to use pliers with heat-shrink on the ends to get this off. It's VERY difficult (impossible with fingers alone I would say)!

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b383_RomeoEskobar_DSC_7635_zpse95bce5b.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b383_RomeoEskobar_DSC_7636_zps24fdcf37.jpg

I'm still not 100% confident the unit is brand new, as I've noticed that it looks like someone has tried to pry open the case at some point.

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,

The screen protector seems normal to me. Comes with many electronics and could be in bad condition but underneath is usually fine. As for it being dusty, open bags and a slightly damaged case, there is a possibility that it was used or it could be poor quality control. I would contact the vendor with your concerns and pictures. See if they will give you a partial refund. If it works fine, it might not be worth the hassle to send it back.

You should consider what is relevant for you and what's not.
It's not nice if you really got some used parts, but if they work maybe there's no real damage. I remember that my camera had some markings like your's, but since i opened it i can't say anymore. Take full resolution image and check hole image from side to side, if it's sharp and no dust markings on it i think camera is ok.
Power unit is not for looking, if it works i'm happy.
Suction part i don't use anyways because it's not stable, i removed the suction part and replaced it with industrial velcro and that keeps camera steady in all roads and bumps.
lh5.googleusercontent.com__zJAJHP_WrjU_UNScbocMTFI_AAAAAAAAAOU_5BkCwdn9J7Q_s941_Dsc03765.jpg

Back