GS1000 Help

jmendelb

Reaction score
I have a "new blue menu" gs1000 and I cannot for the life of me get it to be recognized by my windows 7 computer via USB. It either does not show up at all or it shows up as driver not recognized. When I take out the microSD card I can watch the videos fine, but I want to be able to view the GPS data which I'm guessing is only possible by connection through USB.

Any help would be appreciated!

GPS data has nothing to do with connecting via USB, just put the card in your PC and use appropriate playback software, either what's supplied or something like Registrator Viewer

Thanks for the tip. Is this a known issue that the firmware doesn't allow me to connect the device via USB?

Also I see you're a manufacturer. Do you manufacture these devices or other car cameras?

Not a known issue, try it on another computer maybe

I do manufacture cameras, I didn't make your particular camera, I make one that looks similar to yours but the internals are different, the same troubleshooting steps apply to any camera though

jmendelb said:
I have a "new blue menu" gs1000 and I cannot for the life of me get it to be recognized by my windows 7 computer via USB. It either does not show up at all or it shows up as driver not recognized. When I take out the microSD card I can watch the videos fine, but I want to be able to view the GPS data which I'm guessing is only possible by connection through USB.

Any help would be appreciated!

That happened to me.

Try another USB mini cable and you will soon discover it detecting your car cam.
You may wnat to get a USB3 card reader which is what I ended up doing. This way
I can copy my recordings across in a flash where if I go through the car cam it can
takes 90 mins for a 32gb class 10 card.

Havinga USB3 card reader will also save time unplugging the car cam off the windscreen.

Make sure you buy class 10 cards because they record smoother video where class 4 and class 6 can drop frames when recording
in 720p or 1080p recording mode.

Back