GS1000 new blue [conkim - AliExpress]

Hi woo,

The new blue GS1000 is better than the old blue GS1000 but it is still a lottery in getting a good one. Some owners have complained about GPS issues (catching, not accurate), blurry picture and poor sound quality. Really you just need to cross your fingers and hope the one you get doesn't have problems.

Well i got the cam today , quick look so far
on startup/shutdown there is a red car
version says V2.0.5 G2HB A (new blue menu?)
the 4 lights on the front are actually IfraRed and not LED's ( confirmed by looking with another camera to see them lit as IR)
can toggle the lights as disable, auto, always on pressing the power switch
doesn't look like there is a timezone offset, so guessing the clock is free running and not off the gps
came with a software mini-cd , that includes quicktime and a program called CARDVC2.EXE and a folder structure.
Can view the flashcard via the usb cable to the camera, so no need to remove the card
gps seems to lock pretty quick from my desk maybe half a meter away from the window
filename is AMBA0001.MOV and AMBA0001.MAP when a video is recorded
Date is on the top Left as YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS
Speed in KM/H is stamped in the Bottom Left (cant seem to disable this)
HDMI out works well, shows live video at 1080i 50hz, playback of stored files seems ok as well. Added bonus there is sound via HDMI as well
1920x1080 29.97 fps 9.42Mbit/s (quicktime shows it as Ambarella avc encoder 1920x1080 h264)
1440x1080 29.97 fps 2.18Mbit/s (quicktime shows it as Ambarella avc encoder 1440x1080 h264 (1920x1080))

ill take it for a drive sometime this week and test out both 1080p res

Hi woo,

Seems like you got a legit GS1000 blue menu. Test it out and let us know how it performs looking out for the common issues.

Well i think the quality is maybe somewhere inbetween the old blue and orange, from the videos and stills ive seen about.
when you are stationary lic 's plates are very clear, but trying to read them coming the other direction isn't as good, or am i expecting too much ? :P this is 1920x1080
i46.tinypic.com_2lcb9qr.jpg
so not sure if that is the Lens doing that, or if its just the cmos censor. Might try and ebay a few len's or on aliexpress and see if it makes a difference.

Night time is poor (as expected) increasing the gamma in the video player (eg vlc) helps a little.

Will play a little more with the Contrast and Sharpness, changing the sharpness from Hard to standard improved the picture a lot

Full image url https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/data/MetaMirrorCache/i46.tinypic.com_2lcb9qr.jpg
so not sure if i can call this camera a winner yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi woo,

If you change the lens the picture quality will improve a bit but not significantly. License plates from oncoming vehicles are not the easiest to read with many cameras. Overall it is an average camera for an average price. If it doesn't have reliability problems than it is an ok value for the money.

Thanks DashCamMan;

Im guessing the video is interlaces, which could account for making it hard to read oncoming license plates. ive ordered 2 len's the so called 100% original lens that a real gs1000 should come with, and a 3.6mm glass optics cctv lens.

thanks for the great site/forum.

Hi woo,

Looking forward to the difference with the new lenses.

Back