GS1000 turning off microphone

Mick70

Reaction score
I have just received my new GS1000 with firmware 201201122. Working well so far except that when I set the microphone to off (to not record sound) it only saves this setting while the recorder is powered up. Once it is turned off and then back on, it defaults to recording sound. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this.

Mick70 said:
I have just received my new GS1000 with firmware 201201122. Working well so far except that when I set the microphone to off (to not record sound) it only saves this setting while the recorder is powered up. Once it is turned off and then back on, it defaults to recording sound. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this.
When you say you take sound off, do you take it off via menu setting or do you press that button while recording?

I want to set the camera to default to recording pictures with the sound off. The menu lets you set it to off but it turns back on when you power it back up. I can turn it on and off via buttons on the back but would prefer to have it off by default

Mick70 said:
I want to set the camera to default to recording pictures with the sound off. The menu lets you set it to off but it turns back on when you power it back up. I can turn it on and off via buttons on the back but would prefer to have it off by default
Well, if you press the mute button while record is on that setting might be just one time thing.
But if you set sound off via menu setting and camera do not remember that then it is firmware/camera issue.
One possible solution is open camera and cut microphone wire.

Cutting the wire and installing a switch would be my preferred option. I would like the option of sound if I need it. I agree that it is likely a firmware issue. I was hoping someone else might have had a similar issue

Mick70 said:
Cutting the wire and installing a switch would be my preferred option. I would like the option of sound if I need it. I agree that it is likely a firmware issue. I was hoping someone else might have had a similar issue

There is only one issue with GS cameras: sometimes they don't work :lol:
And don't get me wrong, i use GS1000 and i like it.

Back