GS1000B Help

chrisuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I bought this cam around 3 years ago for just under £20 & it's been used almost daily without fault.

There is a nagging problem I have with it though, once the card fills up after several journeys (I have a proper 32gb card in it, bought from a reputable UK supplier), I get a message saying card full & have to format it before it starts working again.

I've always had it set to record in 3-5 minute clips, but was under the impression that once the card fills, the old files would be re-written, but it never worked out like that.

Does anyone know if this is possible or if I can upgrade the firmware at all ?

Thanks

Chris

I don't know if a firmware update is available for this dash cam but I would highly doubt it. I'd say you've gotten more than your £20 investment out of this vintage dash cam and it may be time to consider investing in a new one that will offer you vastly better performance than this old obsolete model.

I did start looking to be honest, but it's like opening a can of worms ! There are so many, I havent a clue where to start looking.

I like the size of the GS1000 as it fits behind the rear view mirror & hardly noticible from the outside (cam stays in car 24/7, but only comes on currently when the car is unlocked & goes off when locked).

Any idea what would be more suitable ?

That's a big question, starting with your budget. Perhaps to begin with take a look at the DCT Comparision page to get started and go from there. Even the lowest priced camera you buy today can be as small or smaller than the GS1000 series and virtually ALL of them will provide much better image quality, especially at night. All dash cams will be able to start and stop automatically as soon as they receive and lose power.

Nice one.

Say £200 budget, just after something which is good quality in day/night & discrete.

With that budget you can pick and choose from a nice section of well regarded dash cams. The best thing to do would be to post this question in the "What Should I Buy" forum and see what suggestions you receive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back