GS6000 A7 - Recorded files marked Invalid

Stuart T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've got a new GS6000 A7 with the latest standard f/w on. I've got an issue with it where it's marking recorded files as "Invalid". It's got a class 10 Sandisk 32GB card in it. I've reformatted the card in both a PC and the DVR itself without error and tried it again today with the same result. I'm about to send it back to Amazon for a replacement but wondered if anyone else seen this?

Have you tried running the card through h2testw to see if it's ok?

I did find I was getting slow memory card errors in the same camera with the same card - just to check is the card formatted to exFAT or FAT32? I did get better results in the camera with a Kingmax card as supplied, but eventually the whole unit started failing with all cards.

My camera did have an issue also with invalid files and eventually just started stopping recording completely and then shutting itself off, and wouldn't turn back on. In the end I had to return to Amazon as faulty for a refund.

Thanks. I've not tried that memory utility and will give it a go. That card has worked fine in other devices. It's formatted Fat32 as far as I can tell. I originally formatted it in the DVR, and on having these problems, formatted it in a PC and then again in the DVR. I've got other cards, but they're only class 2 so not really up to it. It's a shame, as on paper this looks like a good unit. I think I'll use the Amazon returns process anyway, and try another unit. Good job I didn't try any custom f/w!

Try the memory card before you send it back as it would be a shame if that's all it is - there are new firmwares being released for these that just keeps improving them!

Try the memory card before you send it back as it would be a shame if that's all it is - there are new firmwares being released for these that just keeps improving them!

Sandisk are a brand known for reliability issues. Try Kingston, Corsair and A-RAM which are highly regarded and have error correction.

Could also be the camera or even the firmware. And some of these GS6000's have very weak batteries in them. Try using the cam again but turn off the back lcd screen and see if that helps or try charging te cam up on the pc before using it in the car sig lighter.

I use car usb dual chargers so that I can have a dash cam and gps sat nav on the one lead. If you go usb chargers make sure its within the capabilities of the dash cam. Some split the power where its not quite enough for the dash cam and can lead to it closing down or failing.

My mistake. It was a Samsung card. A friend has just lent me a Transcend 32GB class 10 card, so I'll try that. I fully charged it overnight and it was plugged into the car charger this morning when it failed again. I've got an RMA from Amazon, just deciding whether to order another, or get something different...

Quick update, with the Transcend card in it worked fine on the way home. A few more tests over the weekend and maybe I'll keep it. Now to work out a few of the annoying menu items...

Back