GS900 (VF960S)

Hi astra and welcome.
Hi Eurotramp, and sorry for being away a long time, but my PC was dead and I had to buy a new one.
Astra, I sometimes have the same issue with the viofo not recording at ignition with the provided adapter.
My problems happen mostly when I start my car as it is cold (diesel), during the preheating (3-4 seconds) the viofo turns on and then suddenly stops half a second when I start the engine, which causes the viofo to reboot.
In this case, the viofo does not start recording automatically and the top led is green.
When I start the engine without pre heating it seems to work better.
Don't try to use a permanent DC adapter in your car, because I did and it doesn't work, the last file won't be saved and the device will stop as soon as you turn off the key.
This worked perfectly with my previous dashcam before it died.
So I guess there must be some kind of capacitor Inside the provided adapter or maybe the connector shield is wired to the ground and the viofo detects this, or the data pins are wired together.
On my fixed dc/dc adapter I have only 2 pins connected with exactly 5,10V stable output.
This adapter is connected to the cigarette lighter's connectors and works with ignition key.

I'm not satisfied with my viofo and foxoffer don't answer mails...

Anyway, try to start your engine without waiting in the ACC position and see if you get some improvements.

Hi Astra,
I haven't got a diesel, and I haven't had you problem, but I do feed my VF860S straight from the 12 volt battery with a separate cigarette lighter socket and an on/off switch, bypassing the ignition key.

I do this to keep the camera rolling when I am away from the vehicle e.g. \I am in a shop etc.

If Jokiin and Flag97 experience with diesels turns out to be your problem (and it looks very promising) then bypassing the ignition switch like I do could be your answer.

My solution does require you to remember to switch it on before moving off and switch it off when you finish for the day.

If you want to use motion detect all night you may consider feeding the dashcam from a jump starter cigarette lighter outlet to avoid having a low battery in the morning.

It would supply a supply a voltage unaffected by anything else!

Getting a firmware changed and having it stable seems to be pretty impossible with these dash-cams.

I have suggested that Foxoffer/Viofo form part of a user group to air change requests and determine priorities, actions and time-scales.

Neither company show any interest in the suggestion.

Shame really, the hardware is good.

Foxoffer not replying to emails is not on. It is not good business practice. Perhaps you could try mailing Viofo on support@viofo.com and see if they can prompt Foxoffer to reply to emails.

Viofo support may even be able to advise on your problem.

In my book a product is only as good as the support that comes with it.

Hi all,

Have been away for a while.

Happy to say that Foxoffer have been in touch and the camera is on its' way back to them for replacement. They seem to think it is a battery problem.

The delay in communication was because attached to Foxoffer's emails was a document outlining procedures for returning the camera. Turned out my ISP's SpamAssassin took exception to the attachment and nuked the emails.

Awaiting the replacement now :)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a GS900 (VF960S) with firmware version 20130718 for sale or know where I can buy one?

My car was broken into last night and the only thing they stole was my VF960S.

My sign on was Eurotramp but the email company associated with it seems to be out of business, hence Crumbley.

Thanks.

GS900 (VF960S)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back