GS9000-Disabling GPS function

bobged

Reaction score
I purchased a non-GPS GS9000. Vendor is out of stock and will send a GPS version GS9000. I really don't want/need the GPS function, and I understand the speed is only shown in KPH. Can the GPS option be disabled in through the setup menu?

bobged said:
I purchased a non-GPS GS9000. Vendor is out of stock and will send a GPS version GS9000. I really don't want/need the GPS function, and I understand the speed is only shown in KPH. Can the GPS option be disabled in through the setup menu?

speed display (or not) should be selectable option

I received my GS9000 a couple of weeks ago and found that I could disable the GPS function. My apologies for not reporting back. Now my issue is how to mount the unit in my motor home that has a nearly vertical windshield, which would also be the case in something like a Jeep Wrangler. I came up with one solution using Ram mount parts, but it's too shaky. I think I have a beter solution figured out with a piece of aluminum, but I won't know for sure until it's back from the powder coater.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the mount is not good if you have a vertical windshield. Even on a normal slanted windshield it does not have enough 'range' of motion in my opinion. I don't want to see half my hood in the shot. I would much rather have more sky (in case of more meteorites! Lol) vs more hood. A simple fix would be to scrap the original mount and use a different one... Right??? Not so easy since the GPS and auto on / off work thru the mount. Never saw a setup like this but I guess it is what it is. What if the rubber suction cup get dry rotted and loses suction? What if it goes flat which is a common problem. What if you have a jeep? A motor home?

[Broken External Image]:http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums...0050C41-5149-000004EA62070E6D_zps75d23011.jpg

Back