GS9000 Focusing on windscreen

p_dashcam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just viewing my daily commute today and strangely all i see is the camera focusing on the windscreen (Even though clean) and blurring out what is ahead. It seems to be stuck in close focus?

I think that is the problem with my GS2000 it is picking up too much windscreen reflection
I have posted a new vid of problem

ok i have narrowed down my problem - i filmed the carpet in my office (LOL) and the focus on the carpet - was very sharp from one third up and onwards, the lower third was blurry. So this is not a windscreen issue (well not as much) but more to the lens focussing more on the upper 2/3rds of the screen. Can this be fixed?

This normally happens if the lens mount has come loose and is no longer sitting flush with the sensor. You can try to open the camera and have a better look. Should be easy to fix by just screwing down the mount again.

Then again it might not be that ;)

Cheers :) Mario

p_dashcam said:
Just viewing my daily commute today and strangely all i see is the camera focusing on the windscreen (Even though clean) and blurring out what is ahead.
my gs9000 also has the same issue. 5 minutes ago I have disassembled it, but I cannot turn the lens to fix the focus, because the lens module is glued. tried to use some force, but I'm afraid that I will broke it...if anyone fixed this issue?

I used a cpl filter, so now in the sun less glare and more focus ahead. Less blur issues. Also I turned exposure to minus 1 with contrast on high

Back