GS9000 very unreliable

cantremember

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
So I recently got the GS9000, only really had a week's use out of it due to the suction cup who kept breaking off. But besides the suction cup issues more annoying is that the camera is extremely unreliable.
Sometimes the camera turns on as expected, and I can see the footage on the screen, but it doesn't record and all the OSD's with the time etc. are frozen. It's impossible to control the camera and all there's to do is wait for the battery to run flat and then restart and reset the time etc.

Many times when I connect it with USB, it freezes shortly, or just turns off. Right now It's connected to the computer and the only thing that works is the red LED next to record, anything else is seemingly dead.

Is this known stuff with this specific camera, is there a way to resolve?

Used it for another week. I fixed the suction cup mount and now for good measure never remove it anymore. Seems it's unstable when connecting it to PC but if you just use it in the car as it's intended to, I didn't have any problems with it this week. I just leave it on the car and take the card out and read with an adapter. So far so good and the quality of the footage is quite good. Maybe I just had some bad luck.

Back