GT300w,ls300w price difference

yaroo

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I hesitate choosing between GT300w and ls300w dash cams
According to many sources (including this site),the two are identical the difference is their firmware.
My question is why GT is slightly cheaper then LS?If the firmware is a issue or there is something you've revealed?

LS300W is branded "Dod", thats why its more expensive.

I hesitate choosing between GT300w and ls300w dash cams
According to many sources (including this site),the two are identical the difference is their firmware.
My question is why GT is slightly cheaper then LS?If the firmware is a issue or there is something you've revealed?

There are already quite some topics about this.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/ls300w-or-gt300w.2309/#post-23943
In case you cannot get the GT300W anymore (e.g. sold out on foxoffer.com), you can order the GT550W, which will be the same, just with a different case.

I will tell you why I opted against the LS300W (from foxoffer):
- more expensive
- no service from Dod (as you are not buying from them directly - further, their service is not the best even if you buy from them directly)
- same hardware as GT300W and same picture quality
- no updates (but you can update the GT300W/GT550W) or if there are updates, it is really complicated because Dod wants you to send them your LS300W so that they can update it. But you have to pay for shipping and have no dash cam for a few weeks. Plus they will only accept it, if you bought it from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
LS300 operates at 15.8Kbps, GT300w 15.25kbps works (not much advantage) and seen some gross videos LS300 and I can say that its very good quality. here to download some files shared by friend niko. ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycmrn1qdoll50ge/DOD LS300W RAW Video Files.xls ) although gt300w ( GT550w now) or even just the latest GT680 (12.5KBPS) with optional gps, not many kbps but a cute panorama quality.

Actually ls300w and gt300w both have exactly the same bitrate.
15.8 Mbps / 15.25Mbps depends on time it has been recorded. At night there are less colour to record, hens slightly less bitrate. At day there are more bright light, more colours, hens result is slightly higher bitrate, but its all in about very little % difference.

thx to all for your help!
I have no choice but to order new gt550w because gt300 is sold out)
e-prance still has gt300W but I have problem to register with....I hope I'm not risking with my decision

thx to all for your help!
I have no choice but to order new gt550w because gt300 is sold out)
e-prance still has gt300W but I have problem to register with....I hope I'm not risking with my decision
No everything will be fine. Foxoffer is reliable. Just ordered myself a GT550W.
Use a 5 USD voucher if you want: FOD9U5

recominedan many colleagues here, "foxoffer", so it offers reliable service and warranty. also known online store, I would go so sure.

Back