Halo on night videos

DigitalPixel

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have the CPL filter on the E1 but at night usually when I'm close to a car with their tail lights on I get these halos around the video. I rotated the CPL filter to different spots but it doesn't seem to do much. Anyone else get this?

Attachments

• E1-Halo.jpg
    E1-Halo.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 22
I have the CPL filter on the E1 but at night usually when I'm close to a car with their tail lights on I get these halos around the video. I rotated the CPL filter to different spots but it doesn't seem to do much. Anyone else get this?
It's not your car's windshield. It's the design of the Vantrue 40mm CPL filter. At night when a "bright" light source is aimed towards the camera having the CPL filter on will cause that "ring of light". I've reported this to Vantrue, but so far their only suggestion is to remove the CPL filter at night.

During the day, I don't see this ring of light. There's more ambient light so it may be there, but not as visible.

1674872256667.png 1674872274122.png

It's not your car's windshield. It's the design of the Vantrue 40mm CPL filter. At night when a "bright" light source is aimed towards the camera having the CPL filter on will cause that "ring of light". I've reported this to Vantrue, but so far their only suggestion is to remove the CPL filter at night.

During the day, I don't see this ring of light. There's more ambient light so it may be there, but not as visible.

View attachment 63840 View attachment 63841
I don't see it during the day either. It is what it is I guess. I always seen these super clear videos from these dashcams but I guess they had no CPL filter.

Back