Hard wire install questions

ChibiSqueeze

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm getting my SG9665GC soon and wanted to hard wire them so it is only on when the engine is on. Here are my questions.

1. When connecting to a fuse, which amp is preferred? 5A, 10A, 15A etc...

2. Do I need a multi-safer such as this one or is add-a-fuse all that's required? https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU87G

if you just want to wire to a switched circuit you don't need a Multi Safer, the type of accessory circuit you use will depend on the car but you'll probably find most are 10a or 15a circuits, the camera doesn't add a lot of load

This is all you need: CELL POWER CPUSB01.

Available on amazon for $29.95.

Connect it to the input of a 12vdc receptacle (usually switched on at ignition.)

Simple, easy, done.

CCC

I just used a fuse tap with 1A fuse in to my heated steering fuse location. Generally anything powered which is heated is with ignition only, like seats, steering, screens, etc.

Made a small loom with 12V female cig socket and used the original power adapter. That way I knew it was good enough to run the camera and had shielded cables to prevent interferences running up the A pillar.

I'm starting to work on a new hardwire setup for mine where it switches seamlessly between a lithium battery and the car battery. more to come as I get further on its design.

Back