Hard wired front/rear dash cam with parking mode for hot climate

Gael

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse, I've poked around at a lot of threads, but am a bit stuck as to the best route to go, hoping you guys can point me to the right camera, or at least a few options.

I'm looking to put a dash cam in my '13 Golf TDI, wanting it to be as discrete as possible, and am leaning towards dual channel for front/rear, and hoping to hard-wire it so it can be a set and forget.

It needs to be able to withstand a lot of heat, as I live in Southern Arizona, and it has been around 105-110 degrees for the past week or two, so it'll have to be capacitor based obviously, with the higher heat resistance, the better.

I've been given the green light by my wife, as this will be a combo father's day/anniversary present for me. I'm not 100% sure on the price limit, but I think ~$400 would be at/near the limit.

Thanks in advance!

...as discrete as possible ... able to withstand a lot of heat ... capacitor based ...

A pair of SGZC12RC cams. The main units can be hidden in the glovebox, etc.

image.jpg

Also consider the Thinkware F750, though the front unit is not as small / discreet as the SGZC12RC.

A pair of SGZC12RC cams. The main units can be hidden in the glovebox, etc.

View attachment 14385

Also consider the Thinkware F750, though the front unit is not as small / discreet as the SGZC12RC.
Can multiple remote lens cameras connect to that main unit, or would I have 1 unit per remote lens camera?

Back