Hardwire kits

MalH67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a Dashcam 55 and looking to hardwired it in my 62 plate A3.
Will it work with any hardwire kit or only the Garmin one?
Any advice which fuses to use for the piggyback adapters?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Only Garmin one as far as I know.
Don't forget if you buy the Garmin hard wire kit, if you take the top off the little black box that is on the end of the kit, you can change the voltage cut off jumper from the default 11.7V to either 12 or 12.3V. 11.7V is too low in my opinion so changed the jumper to 12.3V.

What is "62 plate"? If by A3 you mean Audi A3, I can tell you which fuses I used on my A4 - not sure if that would help.

62 plate is a change over year so could be 8P or 8V chassis .

What is "62 plate"? If by A3 you mean Audi A3, I can tell you which fuses I used on my A4 - not sure if that would help.
In the UK the registration plate, affixed to the front and rear of the vehicle, contain numerals that indicate the year of first registration.

The first decade of the current millenium starts with a 5, the second starts with a 6. This is followed by a number representing the year in that decade. So 62 represents year 2012.
Well almost, this is confused as the registration numbers change twice a year . September to march starts with 1, March to September starts with a 6.

That's interesting but is it useful information in answering MalH67's question? Perhaps this is a roundabout way of saying it's a 2012 or 2013 model year car?

You asked"What is a 62 plate?"

I answered your question not "MalH67's" question.

??????

Back